Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla model S P85 battery failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello my 2013 model S battery failed only 30k miles. SC quoted reman battery series B I approved the estimate for $ 12.9k however they installed the new battery model
BATTERY,90KWH,SX(1014116-00-C and asking for $22.5k. I didn’t authorize this. I approved 12.9 k they made a mistake and installed a 22k battery. I denied to pay $22k I said I will pay $12.9k that I approved. What will happen now?

Hello my 2013 model S battery failed only 30k miles. SC quoted reman battery series B I approved the estimate for $ 12.9k however they installed the new battery model
BATTERY,90KWH,SX(1014116-00-C and asking for $22.5k. I didn’t authorize this. I approved 12.9 k they made a mistake and installed a 22k battery. I denied to pay $22k I said I will pay $12.9k that I approved. What will happen now?
I assume that you do not have possession of your car and won't until you and Tesla come to terms on the repair.

I assume that you do not have possession of your car and won't until you and Tesla come to terms on the repair.
No I have not picked up my car yet. They said they are looking into it. According to their paperwork they invoice cannot exceed more than 10% of the estimate. In this case it’s almost double and I never authorized for this change of plan.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
No I have not picked up my car yet. They said they are looking into it. According to their paperwork they invoice cannot exceed more than 10% of the estimate. In this case it’s almost double and I never authorized for this change of plan.
Hopefully, they'll just have to eat the cost of swapping out the new battery for the remanufactured one. In which case, hopefully they have the correct battery available.

I assume that you do not have possession of your car and won't until you and Tesla come to terms on the rep
Hopefully, they'll just have to eat the cost of swapping out the new battery for the remanufactured one. In which case, hopefully they have the correct battery available.
I don’t think they have a refurbished one. They had me wait for this battery more than a month. Finally 2 days ago this battery arrived and was installed.

I don’t think they have a refurbished one. They had me wait for this battery more than a month. Finally 2 days ago this battery arrived and was installed.
Then you may end up with a difficult decision: Pay the difference and keep the new battery now, or continue to wait for a refurb.

I doubt that Telsa will let you have the car now without paying for the new battery.