Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S P85+ | Green Metallic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG
IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG

85 kWh Battery
Performance Plus Package
Green Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Decor
Matching Yacht Floor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Twin Chargers
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package
Smart Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound System
Rear Facing Seats
Premium Interior Lighting
Brake Calipers -- Black

Includes mobile connector bundle, cargo net and rear shelf

Maintenance is up to date, tires recently replaced (all 4)

Approximately 73k miles. Literally selling this so I can get something with auto pilot.

So, this question is for anyone who is reading, and I apologize in advance if I'm asking it in the wrong place. Just let me know where this question best fits and I'll move it.

How would one go about buying a car on the other side of the country? This one, for instance, I would buy for the asking price, assuming it was on the east coast and I could drive to see it. How does someone assess the quality of a car at a distance, and how do you get it shipped across the country?

Thanks for any advice that anyone can offer!

So, this question is for anyone who is reading, and I apologize in advance if I'm asking it in the wrong place. Just let me know where this question best fits and I'll move it.

How would one go about buying a car on the other side of the country? This one, for instance, I would buy for the asking price, assuming it was on the east coast and I could drive to see it. How does someone assess the quality of a car at a distance, and how do you get it shipped across the country?

You could see if there are any other forum members who could check it out, or ask the poster what Tesla Shop the car uses and call them for an honest answer. I am also looking for a car, and I for one would look forward to a cross country trip in my new car, that sounds awesome!

There are actually online companies that will survey the car for you, inspect it, take pictures, drive it and provide a written report. It is only a couple hundred dollars. Then, to transport it across the country will cost about $850 via open hauler or $1200 enclosed hauler. I had my MB AMG S63 hauled from Nevada to Florida for $800 and it arrived in perfect condition. Google Auto Inspections and Auto Haulers to find more. Hope that helps.

There are actually online companies that will survey the car for you, inspect it, take pictures, drive it and provide a written report. It is only a couple hundred dollars. Then, to transport it across the country will cost about $850 via open hauler or $1200 enclosed hauler. I had my MB AMG S63 hauled from Nevada to Florida for $800 and it arrived in perfect condition. Google Auto Inspections and Auto Haulers to find more. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Mike; that's a huge help If I might push my luck and ask another question, how do you transfer the funds in a way that is timed with the title transfer? Is there a third kind of company that helps with that?

Thanks, Mike; that's a huge help If I might push my luck and ask another question, how do you transfer the funds in a way that is timed with the title transfer? Is there a third kind of company that helps with that?
That is a tough question. It depends on if the seller has clear title or not. If they have clear title, you can hire and online Escrow company to handle it for you. If the seller has a loan, then the bank actually holds the title. So, you would have the seller create and signed and notarized bill of sale and provide it to you. Then, you need to contact the seller's bank, usually via a conference call with you, the seller and the bank, and verify payoff. Explain the transaction so all parties understand and agree to a process. Then you will generally send the payment, via certified funds, to the bank with a copy of the bill of sale and a letter notifying them to apply the funds to the payoff of the vehicle and any remaining funds to be returned to the seller. Or, the online escrow company can also handle this process. I just sold my hybrid and we used the method of the buyer sending certified funds to the bank. The process worked very smoothly and the buyer was able to register and title the vehicle in less than one week. Of course, the online escrow will probably be the safest route, as they will hold funds and title until all parties agree and submit the necessary items.

I reccomend reliable carriers for shipping. I shipped a 73 corvette enclosed from ohio to phoenix for about 1500 bucks. They are a good company and also the preferred shipper for the barret jackson auto auction in scottsdale.