Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S repair - Maryland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone

A unfortunate deer hit my Tesla and damaged the front end of the car. As from Tesla Center and a friend, there are three authorized repair places that will fix the car:

EuroPros in Gaithersburg

Severn Autobody in Annapolis

Criswell Collisions in Annapolis.

Two questions here:

a) Does any one have experience with them? If any one has a personal experience of having their Tesla repaired at either one of them, I would love to hear from you.

b) Unfortunately, I do not think we have rental coverage on our insurance policy. I hear that Tesla repairs takes weeks due to part ordering and delay. So with that: Do you know if anyone of them would provide rental coverage if the repair goes too long and which one of them will be on top of the game to get things done quickly aka annoy Tesla consistently to ship the parts ASAP?

Thank you!

I hit a deer over a month ago with my new S. I took it to Tesla Tysons Corner which has the body shop pick up the vehicle with a flat bed. The body shop is outside of Richmond. Got it back after 4 weeks and the buffing wasn't good, but I rejected delivery and the body shop fixed it within the week.

Got it back after 4 weeks and the buffing wasn't good
Sounds like you took it to Dorns.

My car was also at Dorns. I only noticed that they did a below average job rebuffing the fixed door panel a week later, under direct sunlight. It was too late to send it back, and in either case I was having detailed a few keeps later, and the detailer fixed it.

I just assumed they didn't catch it, but now it sounds like this is a repeat problem with Dorns.

I was told that Tesla Center does not do repair. Are you sure that it was Tesla people that did the repair work at the body shop??

I hit a deer over a month ago with my new S. I took it to Tesla Tysons Corner which has the body shop pick up the vehicle with a flat bed. The body shop is outside of Richmond. Got it back after 4 weeks and the buffing wasn't good, but I rejected delivery and the body shop fixed it within the week.

Last edited:
Ahh... it would make sense if he/she took it to Dorns. Dorns was one of the list when I talked to Tesla Center in Rockville today. They recommended EuroPro and then Severn and then either Criswell or Dorn as the third choice. Unfortunately, my insurance prefer Criswell. However, I also want to hear from owners who had REAL experiences rather than just Tesla's recommendations. I did not put Donrs on my list as I am in DC and that is some far away. I believe that none will give me a loaner car. :(

A good friend of mine also recommended EuroPro and Severn. I have sent an email to all three - I am going to see who responds and how professionally they respond. I am hoping that I am able to take the car to one of them - have them order the parts and take it back to do the work - hopefully, that will save me time. the car is driveable other than the fact the left headlight is busted so will keep driving to daytime. Of course, when they dismantle, they may find other parts that may need to be replaced. :(

My car was also at Dorns. I only noticed that they did a below average job rebuffing the fixed door panel a week later, under direct sunlight. It was too late to send it back, and in either case I was having detailed a few keeps later, and the detailer fixed it.

I just assumed they didn't catch it, but now it sounds like this is a repeat problem with Dorns.

You are correct, I sent it back and someone else buffed it.

Hi Everyone

A unfortunate deer hit my Tesla and damaged the front end of the car. As from Tesla Center and a friend, there are three authorized repair places that will fix the car:

EuroPros in Gaithersburg

Severn Autobody in Annapolis

Criswell Collisions in Annapolis.

Two questions here:

a) Does any one have experience with them? If any one has a personal experience of having their Tesla repaired at either one of them, I would love to hear from you.

b) Unfortunately, I do not think we have rental coverage on our insurance policy. I hear that Tesla repairs takes weeks due to part ordering and delay. So with that: Do you know if anyone of them would provide rental coverage if the repair goes too long and which one of them will be on top of the game to get things done quickly aka annoy Tesla consistently to ship the parts ASAP?

Thank you!
I used Euro pros and they did a great job, they have worked on a ton of tesla's.

A few months into my ownership I had some unfortunate front end damage. The car went to Euro's. It was 2-3 months before I got it back, but this was over 2 years ago so hopefully the parts process is much quicker now. With all the panels being aluminum they'd be ordering instead of trying to repair so depending on how extensive you're probably safe to assume a few weeks at least.
In my opinion they did a great job and I have no complaints. They even plugged the car in so the battery wouldn't drain when it got low while waiting on the repair.
Don't know what to tell you about not having rental coverage. Maybe check your credit card perks or possibly you have AAA?