Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S vs 1956 Citroën DS-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great video. Thanks for posting it.

The DS may be the Car of the 20th Century, but "in 56 years," MT will conclude that the Tesla Model S is the car of the 21st Century.

GSP

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

The DS may be the Car of the 20th Century, but "in 56 years," MT will conclude that the Tesla Model S is the car of the 21st Century.

GSP

Yes, but sadly, as a collector, I doubt that we will be able to maintain many of today's cars as roadworthy in another 56 years. It's far easier to remanufacture a metal part tha it is a specialized semi-conductor laden component. Today's cars are just to specialized and sophisticated.

Great video. the DS is a great car that would take a two hour video to even start to do justice to it. I loved the one I had. There is just no feeling like starting the DS and going into hover mode.

Electric1. My hope is that the Model S will be more like an airplane where you can refresh all the parts--including the instrument suite. No, it won't be "collector original", but it will be up to date and practical.

Funny how the video sort of dismisses the DS powertrain as "ran out of time" and "No more money". Arguably the way a car is propelled is a third of any car.
Since Tesla has a clear powertrain advantage to only give it cursory acknowledgement compared to a long list of small things on the DS is doing Tesla a disservice

And no mention of handling. Where is the Tesla battery placement advantage?