TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2013 Tesla Model S vs 1956 Citroën DS-19

Discussion in 'Video' started by 60TTuC, Mar 27, 2013.

1. 60TTuC

60TTuC Member

#1 60TTuC, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

2. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

This video is fantastic. It's giving a historic perspective of how important and significant the Model S will be in the future. Love it. Cudos to Jonny Lieberman.

3. Soflason

Soflason Member

#3 Soflason, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Great head-to-head, but, my pick goes to Tesla Motor Trend! :wink:

4. GSP

GSP Member

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

The DS may be the Car of the 20th Century, but "in 56 years," MT will conclude that the Tesla Model S is the car of the 21st Century.

GSP

5. Electric1

Electric1 Member

Yes, but sadly, as a collector, I doubt that we will be able to maintain many of today's cars as roadworthy in another 56 years. It's far easier to remanufacture a metal part tha it is a specialized semi-conductor laden component. Today's cars are just to specialized and sophisticated.

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Great video. the DS is a great car that would take a two hour video to even start to do justice to it. I loved the one I had. There is just no feeling like starting the DS and going into hover mode.

Electric1. My hope is that the Model S will be more like an airplane where you can refresh all the parts--including the instrument suite. No, it won't be "collector original", but it will be up to date and practical.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Funny how the video sort of dismisses the DS powertrain as "ran out of time" and "No more money". Arguably the way a car is propelled is a third of any car.
    Since Tesla has a clear powertrain advantage to only give it cursory acknowledgement compared to a long list of small things on the DS is doing Tesla a disservice

And no mention of handling. Where is the Tesla battery placement advantage?