TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2014 Coming Soon Superchargers - location unknown so far

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Kevin Harney, May 6, 2014.

1. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

#1 Kevin Harney, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    I looked at the maps and came up with a list of the Superchargers that I have not seen a location determined yet. Thought this might help the sleuths out there to help find them .... of course these are all approximate locations so please add any info you can and I will update the list. I think I am missing one dot but did not feel like going back through them all to find it.

1. Post Falls, ID (possibly Coeur d'Alene, ID)
    2. Modesto, CA (possibly Manteca, CA)
    3. Santa Clarita, CA (found to be Tejon Ranch) - 5602 Dennis McCarthy Dr. Lebec, CA
    4. Riverside, CA (found to be San Juan Capistrano) - 31971 Camino Capistrano San Juan Capistrano, CA
    5. La Jolla, CA
    6. San Ysidro, CA
    7. Casa Grande, AZ
    8. Primm, NV
    9. Nephi, UT
    10. Provo, UT
    11. West Warren, MA
    12. Worchester, MA (possibly Sturbridge, MA)
    13. Seabrook, ME (possibly Newington, NH or Kittery, ME)
    14. Toronto, ON
    15. Kingston, ON
    16. Cornwell, ON
    17. Drummondville, QC
    18. Bracey, VA (possibly South Hill, VA)
    19. Huntersville, NC
    20. Atlantic Station, GA
    21. Gainesville, FL
    22. Tampa, FL
    23. Sagamore, MA
    24. Los Angeles, CA

2. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Sagamore, MA at the Cape Cod Canal?

3. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

This location is almost 100% going in Atlantic Station. Right at I75/85 at 17th street. Where exactly has been discussed in some of the threads regarding GA superchargers.

4. Kevin Harney

Is this the one I am missing ? Yes I see it is. Thanks. I thought I put Buzzards Bay on the list and see I missed it.

5. Benz

Benz Active Member

This could prove to be useful to find those Supercharger locations that still have to go under construction (when all the paperwork will have been taken care of). Well done.

6. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

I contacted Gainesville yesterday and it doesn't appear that they are close to the permitting process.

7. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

The Toronto East service center/Store has been mentioned as the location for #20.

8. markb1

markb1 Active Member

I see a dot around Indio, CA, but nothing in Riverside. Where's Los Clarita?

9. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Should we add Binghamton, NY to this list? We have heard Tesla is looking to acquire a site there, but no further info.

10. Kevin Harney

I suppose we could but I was trying to stick to the official Tesla Coming Soon Map.

- - - Updated - - -

Indio is already known - 42100 Jackson Street.

11. paulkva

paulkva Member

There was speculation in another thread that "Bracey, VA" will actually be South Hill VA, which is just an exit further north on I-85 and is much more built-up -- lots of food and several hotels/motels right near the interstate. No confirmations or inside info that I'm aware of, though...

Either way, it's a great midpoint between Glen Allen VA and Burlington NC.

12. Kevin Harney

I thought I heard that too.

13. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Ok gotcha, I misunderstood entirely...I thought we were including rumors beyond the published points.

14. markb1

markb1 Active Member

I guess I don't understand your list. Why is Riverside listed (which is not indicated on the coming soon map), but Indio is not? And still confused about "Los Clarita". Is that supposed to be Santa Clarita? There's no dot there, either.

15. Kevin Harney

#15 Kevin Harney, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    In looking closer at the dots what I thought would be Riverside may be San Juan Capistrano and it was Santa Carlita and it looks like that one might be Tejon Ranch. Indio is not listed because this thread is for UNKNOWN locations and Indio is a known location - 42100 Jackson Street Indio, CA

Looking again there seems to be 2 dots in the LA area. One is unaccounted for. What is that one ? Surrounded by Oxnard, Tejon, Barstow, Indio and San Juan Capitrano

16. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

#16 airj1012, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    I just reached out to South Hill, VA and Tesla has been communicating with the town over the past few weeks. "Tesla is talking with the owner of a restaurant located near the I85/Exit 15 interchange about building the charging facility near the restaurant ."

The restaurant is Kahill's Restaurant & Bar at 1791 N Mecklenburg Ave South Hill, VA 23970. Although my contact mentioned that Tesla has not submitted any designs so I believe they're pretty far away from starting this one. Planning 6-8 stalls though.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should start a wiki with a chart of these locations. Show if anything is confirmed, what status its in, etc.

17. Kevin Harney

A Wiki Map would be great but I have no idea how to do that. Anyone that does is more than welcome to use this list.

18. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Not sure what Worchester, CT is supposed to be as there is no such town in Connecticut. Do you mean Worcester, MA? If so I haven't heard any rumors about that ... mostly talk about the Sturbridge area though I haven't heard anything lately on status.

19. Kevin Harney

Noted. Thanks :)

20. emupilot

emupilot Member

For Modesto, do you mean Manteca? We've heard that a construction crew will be working on Manteca soon, but nobody has found evidence of where specifically it is going.