TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2014 CPO w/ 4500mi ??

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Buster1, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Buster1

Buster1 Member

There is a 2014 P85+ (and a 2013 too) on the CPO website. Both have extremely low miles for being 3 or 4 yeas old.

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H17EFP40078 | Tesla

Would these cars be ones to avoid? I'm guessing they've lived as loaners for most of their lives and have probably been neglected and cared for very little. Just a guess.

Thoughts? Any way to verify the car's history?

2. Ness

Ness Member

I would assume it is just someone with too many toys, especially in LA. A loaner would have a lot more miles on it. Odds are it has been in a garage for most of it's life. That being said I wouldn't spend $74k on a car without AP1.

3. kev1n

kev1n Member

i agree with Ness, they are probably from owners who didnt drive them much or garage queen cars but i would not pay that much..

4. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Only problem would be lack of general cycling care of batteries. But it should still have the 8 year, unlimited warranty on that. Only issue is capacity is not warrantied, just that the battery works or not.

5. OCP85+

OCP85+ Member

Less than a year ago I bought a nearly identical CPO 2014 P85+. Mine was a 1 owner car, in LA, about 10k miles and could've passed for new. As others said, my assumption was the prior owner had too many toys. In any event, I have no need for AP and couldn't get a better driving experience for the $ IMO (the + is the way to go!).