Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 model s 60 odometer off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m going to possibly have an issue with a warranty claim being denied due to mileage. My 2014 S 60 with 125200 miles/still have 6 months left on 8 year portion. The same car with 85 kilowatt battery is unlimited miles. Doesn’t make sense to me given it just has more cells. Seems to have a major failure which I suspect to be related to main battery pack.still waiting to hear back. Problem is warranty is over by 200 miles. The car was first registered at 50 so if that is taken into consideration then I’m over by 150. So today in the rental model 3 the car odometer showed 70 and my phone gps odometer read 68/69 which doesn’t sound like much but about 1.4-1.6%. With 120k on car that could be 1500-1700 extra mileage. This may sound like im being difficult but you all know what out of warranty batteries cost. 10’s of thousands. Maybe it won’t result in me having to bring that up but I know how car companies can be with warranty situations like this. Thoughts

So I’m going to possibly have an issue with a warranty claim being denied due to mileage. My 2014 S 60 with 125200 miles/still have 6 months left on 8 year portion. The same car with 85 kilowatt battery is unlimited miles. Doesn’t make sense to me given it just has more cells. Seems to have a major failure which I suspect to be related to main battery pack.still waiting to hear back. Problem is warranty is over by 200 miles. The car was first registered at 50 so if that is taken into consideration then I’m over by 150. So today in the rental model 3 the car odometer showed 70 and my phone gps odometer read 68/69 which doesn’t sound like much but about 1.4-1.6%. With 120k on car that could be 1500-1700 extra mileage. This may sound like im being difficult but you all know what out of warranty batteries cost. 10’s of thousands. Maybe it won’t result in me having to bring that up but I know how car companies can be with warranty situations like this. Thoughts
This sounds pretty clear cut. You bought an S60 which has a mileage limit on the warranty. You are over the limit.

Maybe you’ll get lucky and Tesla will offer you a goodwill discount on a replacement but they are certainly under no obligation to do so.

Reactions: Rocky_H and cgell
My 2014 S 60 with 125200 miles/still have 6 months left on 8 year portion. The same car with 85 kilowatt battery is unlimited miles. Doesn’t make sense to me given it just has more cells.
This part certainly does make sense. Since the range of the 60s was a lot less, people ended up using them toward their higher and lower ends much more, putting more stress and degradation on them. Plus, this post describes how Tesla was pushing the performance extra hard from the 60 batteries versus the larger ones. So yes, a smaller warranty on the 60s made sense, as it was going to get beat up a lot more.