Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S 85 - $39,900 or best offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling my Model S 85 to get another Model S. It has 97k miles on it, driven by my wife and mostly highway miles, 5 years left on the infinite mile powertrain warranty, one owner.
- Black exterior with Tan leather interior
- Tech Package
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Ultra High Fidelity Sound System
- 19" turbine wheels
- Parking Sensors
- Obeche Matte trim w/ matching yacht floor
- Original sticker was $95,700
IMG953823.jpg

IMG953824.jpg

IMG953825.jpg
IMG953818.jpg

Also, what's the range for a 7 percent incline at 20C into a 3.7 mph headwind, with the heat set to medium...lol.
Well, I haven't checked that specific scenario, but I know at 47.2F average throughout a trip, with 16000 mile winter tires cruising at 82.6 mph, a 14.3 mph headwind, with a +463 ft elevation change, climate set with range mode to fan speed of 3 at 74F, DRLs on with a screen brightness of 73%, streaming radio playing at volume 4, i was averaging 325 wh/mi and got 231.3 miles out of a full charge. /s

JK.... being real though, at 80 mph you'd probably get about 230-240 out of a full charge in normal summer weather. 70 mph is right on the rated range typically so id guess 80 would have 10% less efficiency given the logarithmic increase in air resistance as velocity increases.

Impressive for a battery pack with 100k miles.
Yeah I'll take a pic and post it of 90% range later once my wife gets home. We charge to 80%-90% throughout its life and it has rarely visited superchargers. Then again, displayed rated range doesnt mean much as it will adjust over the lifetime of the car based on average efficiency and often change after firmware updates - according to my Tesla service manager (which is why some owners on TMC have posted about displayed range jumping around sometimes).

There was a guy with 220k mi, charged at Superchargers to 100% multiple times daily, and only had 6% actual degradation at that time. I believe it was the Tesloop car. These cars run forever.

I bought one out of warranty. and I would gladly do it again. I think that the long term potential for these cars will shift the current value perception. most people are worried about 50k-100k, but there are people in the usa and Europe who have run them much farther and blogged about their actual expenses. at $40k the real value savings in fuel and maintenance will hopefully become more apparent. besides I have had great experiences with tesla service. we have two late models.

Personally, I am a little worried about getting an out of warranty Tesla. They are pretty expensive to repair.
True, at this price i would take the small risk of “possible” LCD or a door handle failure in the future for instance. Motor and battery is covered still until 8 years from delivery date. Personally if I needed another tesla, this one would work just fine.

Last edited:
I bought one out of warranty. and I would gladly do it again. I think that the long term potential for these cars will shift the current value perception. most people are worried about 50k-100k, but there are people in the usa and Europe who have run them much farther and blogged about their actual expenses. at $40k the real value savings in fuel and maintenance will hopefully become more apparent. besides I have had great experiences with tesla service. we have two late models.

Maybe people aren't as worried about the mileage, as some sort of a price guildelines. When it comes to pricing on such low volume cars, Tesla sets the prices. If Tesla is selling it's own CPOs with 90k+ miles, while knowing of the gazillion miles scenarios that you are quoting, at below $30k, then that means mileage does hold significant value in pricing.

Well, I haven't checked that specific scenario, but I know at 47.2F average throughout a trip, with 16000 mile winter tires cruising at 82.6 mph, a 14.3 mph headwind, with a +463 ft elevation change, climate set with range mode to fan speed of 3 at 74F, DRLs on with a screen brightness of 73%, streaming radio playing at volume 4, i was averaging 325 wh/mi and got 231.3 miles out of a full charge. /s

JK.... being real though, at 80 mph you'd probably get about 230-240 out of a full charge in normal summer weather. 70 mph is right on the rated range typically so id guess 80 would have 10% less efficiency given the logarithmic increase in air resistance as velocity increases.

I think you mean exponential increase in drag with increase in velocity