Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S 85 CPO No Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used through Tesla. It was a P85D advertised with Ludacris. The build sheet on my account still says it...but it does not have Ludacris. I did not know enough at the time but the little underline was missing from the P85D.b I wish I knew that then.

I was given "oh, sorry...that was a misprint" from my SA.

The car was otherwise pristine so I ended up still buying it. At the time, the price was good even for a non Ludacris car.

The SA's I dealt with would say any BS they could to just make me go away, truth or not. Horrible buying experience.

That being said, I like my car so much I would do it again.

20k cost for that feature. misprint my ass.

20k cost for that feature. misprint my ass.

No $hit. Luckily it was not priced as an L. But I am still angry about it. Smoke and mirrors BS

In the meantime I will dream of someday getting the pack upgraded to a 90 with Ludacris.

The car has everything else...next gen back seat, jump seat, plus suspension. I found my unicorn and then found out someone poached its horn....

I bought a used through Tesla. It was a P85D advertised with Ludacris. The build sheet on my account still says it...but it does not have Ludacris. I did not know enough at the time but the little underline was missing from the P85D.b I wish I knew that then.

I was given "oh, sorry...that was a misprint" from my SA.

The car was otherwise pristine so I ended up still buying it. At the time, the price was good even for a non Ludacris car.

The SA's I dealt with would say any BS they could to just make me go away, truth or not. Horrible buying experience.

That being said, I like my car so much I would do it again.

Does your's have AP? If not howz the experience without AP.

Thanks everyone for sharing your views. I will mostly end up rejecting this. I found another one in Oceanside, California that i like.
Hopefully everything goes smooth and car checks out good as this is a long distance and i want to drive back home rather than paying 2k for shipping.

For what it’s worth, I drove my Model S 700 miles home from where I picked it up to avoid the shipping fee. It was a great drive and really helped me learn the feel of my new car. A one-way plane ticket was way cheaper than shipping. I would highly recommend keeping your geographic search area broad to get the best deals; a long drive home is almost a plus.

Life hack: Massachusetts has some odd prohibition on selling cars to non-residents. If you find a car there tell Tesla you’ll pick it up yourself, let them figure out that they can’t sell you the car that way, and then they’ll ship it for free.

I was totally ready to drive home to PA with my used car rather than pay 2k for shipping. They called me a few hours or a day later and told me they have to ship it and they’d eat the cost.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Wow you are one lucky. I just found another car in Costa Mesa, California and wanted to drive it back to Arizona but the SA says it’s not doable. Either ship it for $2k or cancel it. I know it’s possible, anyone has any luck with this dealing with buying in California driving back to Arizona?

For what it’s worth, I drove my Model S 700 miles home from where I picked it up to avoid the shipping fee. It was a great drive and really helped me learn the feel of my new car. A one-way plane ticket was way cheaper than shipping. I would highly recommend keeping your geographic search area broad to get the best deals; a long drive home is almost a plus.

Yes, I am going to cancel my reservation on Tesla MS in Arizona as it’s not what I wanted. I found one in Southern CA and wanted to drive back but SA says I can’t do that . That’s not true, she is like ship it or cancel and find one in ur location. Finding one in Phoenix area is not easy especially on Tesla site. Any advice?

I didn't go through a SA... I just bought mine online after finding it on EV-CPO.com (ev-cpo.com/hunter/index.php). @EV-CPO is a subscription that is totally worth the price for finding the right car for you. It will let you comparison shop way better and leaves the SA out of the car-finding process. Of course, they always say that SAs have some secret sources that aren't published on the Tesla used website... but the inability to search nationwide on Tesla's website is a total handicap. Just find the car you want on EV-CPO and it will tell you the location of the car so you can decide if it's in feasible driving distance. Then you'll deal with a delivery advisor and you can just tell them you'll take delivery at the nearest Tesla center to the car so you don't have to pay shipping (worked fine for me). The used cars are actually not stored at Tesla stores, but rather third-party warehousing.

Life hack: Massachusetts has some odd prohibition on selling cars to non-residents. If you find a car there tell Tesla you’ll pick it up yourself, let them figure out that they can’t sell you the car that way, and then they’ll ship it for free.

I was totally ready to drive home to PA with my used car rather than pay 2k for shipping. They called me a few hours or a day later and told me they have to ship it and they’d eat the cost.
That's what I did. My ideal car just happened to be in Massachusetts, and they wouldn't ship it for free all the way to western NC, but they would ship it for free to Tesla centers within a certain radius of MA, so I took delivery at the Newark Tesla center which was closer in the direction of my home (and there happened to be a $49 one-way flight from Asheville to Newark... perfect!).

Last edited:
Reactions: EV-CPO
I didn't go through a SA... I just bought mine online after finding it on EV-CPO.com (ev-cpo.com/hunter/index.php). @EV-CPO is a subscription that is totally worth the price for finding the right car for you. It will let you comparison shop way better and leaves the SA out of the car-finding process. Of course, they always say that SAs have some secret sources that aren't published on the Tesla used website... but the inability to search nationwide on Tesla's website is a total handicap. Just find the car you want on EV-CPO and it will tell you the location of the car so you can decide if it's in feasible driving distance. Then you'll deal with a delivery advisor and you can just tell them you'll take delivery at the nearest Tesla center to the car so you don't have to pay shipping (worked fine for me). The used cars are actually not stored at Tesla stores, but rather third-party warehousing.

That's what I did. My ideal car just happened to be in Massachusetts, and they wouldn't ship it for free all the way to western NC, but they would ship it for free to Tesla centers within a certain radius of MA, so I took delivery at the Newark Tesla center which was closer in the direction of my home (and there happened to be a $49 one-way flight from Asheville to Newark... perfect!).

Actually I went and found this car on EV-CPO site and the link took me to Tesla and then I put a deposit on it. Someone reached out to me and said all that crap. When I mentioned about picking up and temperory tags she was like I will have to talk to the local delivery center and get back. Hope it’s possible and I can get it without hassle.
Thanks for the info.

I would think that out of the legions of people who have used EV-CPO to find their cars, most of them eventually found a car outside of their geographic area and there are tons of posts from people who routinely get temp tags and take delivery in a different state. Whichever sales adviser you talked to was under-informed.

Reactions: MS4Yar
I bought mine used from Tesla through their super fun and exciting web sales experience.
I flew down to Las Vegas and drove it back home to Salt Lake. The drive home was awesome. Couldn't get the smile off my face.
It was a total bastard however getting everything set up with Tesla's delivery. I booked my flight for 3 weeks out, and had to change it because Tesla couldn't have it ready in time. It didn't need to be transferred to Vegas, that's where it was the whole time. I ended up having to wait an extra day because they wouldn't do deliveries on Mondays. Being that I was in Vegas to pick up the car, I didn't mind too much having to spend an extra day waiting, but still....
After I got to see the car and sign the paperwork it was a breeze. The car was immaculate and I was all smiles the whole way home.
I had no issue at all getting temp tags, but had to raise hell at the local dealership to get the plates and registration. Still waiting on the title - been 8 months....

Reactions: MS4Yar
I bought mine used from Tesla through their super fun and exciting web sales experience.
I flew down to Las Vegas and drove it back home to Salt Lake. The drive home was awesome. Couldn't get the smile off my face.
It was a total bastard however getting everything set up with Tesla's delivery. I booked my flight for 3 weeks out, and had to change it because Tesla couldn't have it ready in time. It didn't need to be transferred to Vegas, that's where it was the whole time. I ended up having to wait an extra day because they wouldn't do deliveries on Mondays. Being that I was in Vegas to pick up the car, I didn't mind too much having to spend an extra day waiting, but still....
After I got to see the car and sign the paperwork it was a breeze. The car was immaculate and I was all smiles the whole way home.
I had no issue at all getting temp tags, but had to raise hell at the local dealership to get the plates and registration. Still waiting on the title - been 8 months....
Hope they can accomodate mine too and drive back home with a smile. CA always has crazy rules. Thanks for the info.