Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S 85 w/AP for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased by me as a CPO in 2015.
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Hardware
Tech Package with Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Vin # 5YJSA1H15EFP44940

36,500 miles
Just had its 3 year annual service at the Fremont mothership on March 3, 2018.
New tires installed then, too.

Some mild curb rash and paint chipping around the wheel base but in great shape overall; garaged for its entire existence. Battery works fine - I typically keep it at 190 or so; a "full charge" is 260. I'm selling it because of a move.

Asking $49,000.
Pictures to come shortly once I take them.
I'm in Oakland, CA.

Thanks!

@ArcFlash: Sorry, no third row seats.

Here are some initial pics, including the aforementioned curb rash. Scenic 880 background included for free. I can take specific pictures for those with serious inquiries if you DM me.

Attachments

• IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: JPUConn
Thanks for all the collective interest. Lots of good questions came in my PM overnight. I try to answer them all below. There is going to be a slight delay in the sale, though. Since there's a note on the car, my mortgage broker convinced me to wait until our move is over to sell (apparently, any change to income/debt ratio, even a favorable one, means the home loan guys reset their analysis, which affects time to close). Anyway, I will bump this post once the home sale goes through and I can actually sell the car.

On to the Qs.

Q: Is AP activated? A: Yep.

Q: What is warranty situation? A: I want to check the paperwork to be sure, since Tesla had changed the CPO warranty a couple times. But I believe at the time I bought it the basic vehicle limited warranty was 50K/4 years from the CPO purchase. If so, there's about 25K miles/1.5 years left on it. I know it's fully transferable to subsequent owners. I will double check this when I bump the post.

Q: Why are you selling? A: I'm moving; logistics with charging in the new garage are too complicated and expensive. It's a great car, someone will be lucky to have it.

Q: What's the service history? A: I had Tesla replace the drive unit right when I took delivery. With cars of this vintage, there was often an infamous "milling noise" in the drive unit at 25-30 mph under light throttle. At the three year check-in, I noted that the sun roof stuck occasionally. Tesla lubricated the seals and pronounced it good. I have all the service records since my purchase, any prospective buyer (after I put it back on market) is welcome to inspect -- in fact, I would want you to, to make sure you'd be satisfied with purchase.

Q: Accidents? A: No. The car was broken into last year in a Safeway parking lot. Smashed the front passenger window; big mess. I had the work done at Brooks in Oakland. Brooks Motor Cars Second to none in my experience. Brooks got my insurance company to cough up for a new passenger seat, because of damage caused by the glass shards. I also dinged a bumper coming out of my driveway a couple years ago. Brooks to the rescue again. The car has no exterior issues, other than normal wear and tear from my commute to the BART station and weekend trips with the family.

Q: Clean title? A: Yes. This is not a salvage car.

Q: Clear title? A. No. Logix currently holds the title, thus the wait to sell.

Q: Where are you? A: Oakland, CA

Q: Is that a scuff on the horn? A: No. Just some schmutz that came off when I wiped it with a cloth.

For those still interested, please check back in when I bump. For those not, happy hunting!

Reactions: JPUConn
Still getting lots of PMs. I sincerely appreciate the interest and feedback but I can't respond to them all. To reiterate, car is not currently for sale. Totally understandable for any and all serious buyers to look elsewhere. I will re-engage later. Good luck to all buyers!