TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2014 Model S 85k "Gorgeous Look" 2600 miles - SOLD

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Booshy, May 30, 2014.

1. Booshy

Booshy Member

#1 Booshy, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    2014 Model S 85k "Gorgeous Look" 2600 miles

Testing the waters here. Purchased this car for my girlfriend and I to share for commuting around town. Now she wants the Model X for her horse stuff. Car is amazing to drive..

If you don't want to wait for a build when you can have this one all done ASAP..

2014 Tesla Model S 85k
    Date ordered January 23rd 2014
    Received car March 22nd 2014
    Vin P33441

2600 miles on the car.
    Everything works perfectly.
    3 piece ADV1 22" wheels $12,000 (also have stock 19 wheels if interested)
    Black body skirt painted matching Pearl White $1000
    Lightly tinted window 20% in rear 35% on sides.
    Black Lloyd top of the line plush floor mats x 5 pieces $400
    All Installed by TAG Motorsports.

Car gets complimented everywhere it goes. The 2 supercharger visits both times people were taking pictures of the car complimenting it.

Car used around town.

Don't have to sell but don't need more cars.

Sell Price $110,000.00

Original Build sheet.

Total in USD
    Model S $69,900.00
    85 kWh Performance $23,500.00
    Pearl White Paint $1,500.00
    All Glass Panoramic Roof $2,500.00
    19" Wheels -
    19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade -
    Black Performance Leather Seats $2,500.00
    Obeche Wood Gloss Decor $650.00
    Matching Yacht Floor $650.00
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler -
    High Power Home Charging $2,700.00
    Supercharger Enabled -
    Tech Package $3,750.00
    Smart Suspension $2,250.00
    Parking Sensors $500.00
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound System $2,500.00
    Extended Nappa Leather Trim $2,500.00
    Alcantara Headliner -
    Premium Interior Lighting $1,000.00
    Parcel Shelf $250.00
    Brake Calipers Red -

Subtotal $116,650.00
    Destination and regulatory documentation fee $1,170.00
    Total $117,820.00

List Date: 5/31/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2014 Model S 85k "Gorgeous Look" 2600 miles
    --------------------------------------
    SOLD

browseformore.png
    --------------------------------------
    tesla-motors-club.gif
    a2b20d5e-0b1a-4a3e-b58c-b07b9942e3662.JPG
    7836c8f2-d809-405b-bc03-867ae9a4ec612.jpg
    fb7d95fb-6fab-45e1-8903-abc39d050aff2.jpg

2. Booshy

Booshy Member

Thanks... The add asks for it as a pull down so I assumed it added it.. Cars In San Diego CA.

3. passion4audio

passion4audio member

Two questions:

1. Is this a P85? (Title says "2014 Model S 85k").

2. Would you please post some pictures that aren't ads for TAG Adv1? It would be nice to see some interior shots as well.

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

looks like a P85.

has a spoiler on it, and the ad says "85 kWh Performance", and the emblem looks like P85. pricing matches P85 too. I think the 'S' in the thread title meant 'Model S' not 'S85'

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The OP under "Original Build sheet" states it is the Performance model.

Since the owner already got the Federal and State credits, and the next owner won't get those, the owner is losing the $14,000 thousand in sales tax if he gets his asking price, plus what he spent on the tint and body skirt paint.

It is unclear to me if the 22" wheels are included in the asking price.

Personally I don't understand why someone would sell a Model S after owning it for less than three months and take such a large loss unless unforeseen circumstances forced a sale.

6. Booshy

Booshy Member

Sorry I made to corrections.

I will post more pictures of the car this weekend.. The TAG pictures were the convenient pictures I was able to grab off the internet. This is not a TAG ad.

I have not applied for or received the federal tax credit this happens at the end of the year and tax time.. I did apply for the state credit but it has not been paid.

That happens at the end of the year. So I assume the new owner could apply for the Federal rebate.

The ADV1 wheels were included in this offering /price. I will consider giving a credit if the new owner wants the stock wheels put back on. They are in NEW condition.

7. shrink

shrink Member

The new owner can apply, but it will be rejected. Only the original owner can apply for the federal tax credit so you should apply for it when you file. It won't pass to the new owner.

I don't live in CA, but I thought I read that the CA state EV tax credit requires a 3-year period of ownership. Might want to double check that with someone more familiar.

Per the IRS:

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Plug-In-Electric-Vehicle-Credit-(IRC-30-and-IRC-30D)

"For vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500."

"The vehicles must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States. For purposes of the 30D credit, a vehicle is not considered acquired prior to the time when title to the vehicle passes to the taxpayer under state law."

8. GDH

GDH Banned

It's my understanding that once the car is registered to the first owner that is the only person that can apply for the Federal Credit, so it doesn't matter if he hasn't done it yet it matters if he has registered the car. Correct me if I am wrong.

9. RonMathMD

RonMathMD Member

Yes, GDH, you are correct. The $7500 federal tax credit cannot be transferred to a new owner once the car is registered. Nor can the $2500 CA EV incentive rebate. That is why Tesla loaner/demo cars are so attractive... They are not registered so in addition to getting the car at a 1%/mo AND $1/mile discount, the buyer gets the $10,000 refunds. So when a seller is selling a used Tesla, the buyer needs to be aware of the $10,000 refunds that the seller received (or will receive on his 2014 taxes) and negotiate appropriately.

10. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

i dont agree with this. not all buyer's qualify for the rebate. when buying a used one, you shouldn't assume, and IMO nor should you ever get, that $7500 that went to the original owner. the second owner should NEVER be entitled to receive this from the first owner.

11. RonMathMD

RonMathMD Member

I never said one is ENTITLED to receive the rebate/s back from the seller, just that buyers should remember the rebates in their negotiations. I would go out on a limb to say that > 99% of Tesla buyers have incomes high enough such that their federal income tax obligations are over $7500 and hence do qualify for the federal rebate. And most states are also offering environmental incentives as well. A buyer may wish to negotiate a pro-rated discount given the rebates/tax credits that the seller received.

12. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

I don't think we should hijack the OP's thread about selling his/her car.

If we want to debate the merits of used car negotiations, we should start another thread.

13. abasile

abasile Independent Software Eng.

San Bernardino Mts., CA (Elev. 6100' / 1800m)
    There remains a significant wait for deliveries of the Model X. If you sell your Model S now, what are you going to drive in the meantime? Why not wait until next year to sell the Model S?

14. Kenji

Kenji Member

Agreeing with RonMathMD

Of course the second owner is entitled to the discount. Just take an extreme example where I buy a new Tesla for $72k after tax deduction (original price being $82k), what reason is there for the second buyer to pay anymore than $72k?

Regardless KBB wrote an article about this.

They talk about the reasons why the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf resale values are so low.
    They mention that the first buyer received a government tax credit.

Every car I have sold in the past, I've used KBB as an estimate.
    Well, usually the buyer starts at KBB and negotiates down.

15. RonMathMD

RonMathMD Member

Buying it! :) Should have it around 6/22. Seller did account for tax credits/rebates as well as mileage. I added fair market value of aftermarket modifications for a fair deal. :) Can't wait!

16. Kenji

Kenji Member

This was a good deal :)

17. RonMathMD

RonMathMD Member

Thank you, Kenji. I think the deal is mutually fair. A little more than I wanted to spend but the car is pretty much loaded and looks stunning with the aftermarket mods and the color combo. I am very happy. :)

18. passion4audio

passion4audio member

Still interested in seeing some "real" pics. Thank you!

19. RonMathMD

RonMathMD Member

Will do in the other section of the forum once I pick the car up next week. :) Very excited! :)

20. RonMathMD

RonMathMD Member

Pix...

You wanted REAL pix... These are pix of her in my driveway. Just got her home.. ;)

Attached Files: