Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S CPO price check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

Wanted to do a quick price sanity check (and get your honest opinion) to see if I got a decent deal on the CPO (it was close to my perfect set up sans the price being approximately $6k higher than I would have hoped).

With a brand new 75d post incentives + fully loaded (comes out to $80k out the door post tax / etc), I think I'll still save over $15k-$20k on this used S (which to me is pretty a lot)

$56k pre tax w/no transportation fee
2014 Model S 85 kWh
48k total milage
4 year 100k warranty CPO
White Solid Paint
Black Roof
19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
White Alcantara Headliner
Free Supercharging
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Lighting
Autopilot 1.0 HW equipped

I think you got a fair deal.

Features yours has that mind doesn't have:

Air Suspension
The air suspension is a nice upgrade. I've noticed the air suspension enabled loaner Model S vehicles can recover faster from bumps and undulations with less rebound.

Premium Interior Lighting
This option is nice in the cabin but I'm not impressed with the lighting it comes with for the trunk. I don't have that upgrade but I have seen the puny trunk lights and I would have had to upgrade the trunk lighting either way. I bought some LED panels from Amazon and after installing them I noticed they're a little mismatched in color temp so another pair is on order but you get the idea. Cabin-wise, I feel the stock lighting in the cabin is already such an improvement compared to most cars.

22555741_10156433449291789_3566555474865286442_o.jpg

Autopilot 1.0
Now THAT is a great upgrade that I really wish I had. As much as I enjoy driving the car, the AP1 experiences I've had in loaners has been a real paradigm shift in driving. I'm tempted to switch to get an S with autopilot but I'll wait until they come down in price and drive mine for a while.

My CPO purchase
As far as value goes, I didn't think I needed autopilot when I purchased mine so I was more open to lower priced deals and no matter what, there will always be a better deal out there. Just look at the past sales on ev-cpo.com. Some sold for $26k!

Here are the specs on my somewhat base model S deal I picked up recently:

$42,500 pre tax w/no transportation fee
2014 Model S 60 kWh
55k miles
2 year 45k remaining miles on warranty
Dark grey
Sunroof
19" standard 5 star wheels
Grey Nappa Leather seats
Lacewood Decor
Tech Package

I had a nice surprise on delivery day. The CPO site doesn't list optional upgrades that are installed but on delivery day I discovered mine had the Tesla center console with the iPhone plugin and the Tesla rear parcel shelf already installed. That was a pleasant $1500 surprise.

Much appreciate your input guys, the non performance or dual motor made me hesitate originally but this will be our main family car with a kid so I don't feel as bad. The price on the linked one is a bit too high for us with shipping charges factored in. On the kid note, the tan is a no no for us too haha.

Part of me wants to hold out until ap1 ms and model 3s get more proliferated and perhaps that would drive down budget shoppers like me.

Do you guys have any idea if that 1k is transferable to future model S or is it 72 hrs and done (getting some buyers remorse based on feedback so far)

Much appreciate your input guys, the non performance or dual motor made me hesitate originally but this will be our main family car with a kid so I don't feel as bad. The price on the linked one is a bit too high for us with shipping charges factored in. On the kid note, the tan is a no no for us too haha.

Part of me wants to hold out until ap1 ms and model 3s get more proliferated and perhaps that would drive down budget shoppers like me.

Do you guys have any idea if that 1k is transferable to future model S or is it 72 hrs and done (getting some buyers remorse based on feedback so far)
It can be applied to another vehicle even if you decide that you don't want to take delivery of the vehicle (or at least it did in my case since I walked away from my first car due to it having unlisted interior damage).