Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S - Front trunk (frunk) unlatched

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2014 Model S frunk has been randomly unlatching itself, mostly when the car was in park. It did it once while driving, but 3 times while parked (one of those was in the middle of the night). Is this a software anomaly?

20220317_141750.jpg

Last edited:
My 2014 Model S frunk has been randomly unlatching itself, mostly when the car was in park. It did it once while driving, but 3 times while parked (one of those was in the middle of the night). Is this a software anomaly?

View attachment 783637
One possibility: when the 12 volt battery starts to go bad, these cars can start to exhibit all sorts of strange anomalies.

Reactions: JAlbury825
My 2014 Tesla model S had the front bonnet Frunk open while driving and block the view of the road with no warning message. Tesla refuse to fix the problem as good will and claim it is wear and tear and not their responsibility. Hard to believe given that the frunk continues to lock as normal and there is no obvious evidence that the secondary latch isn't working.