Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S P85+ | Pearl White | 79.5k miles | Atlanta, GA | $55k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brief Introduction Short Story: Hi all. My name is Jackson, and I share the same enthusiasm as all of you with my Tesla. I'm also a shareholder, and my daughter shares the same birthday as Elon! I was hunting for a newer S with the fascia refresh, and after 5 long months of searching; this 1/2 unicorn was returned in my search results. It almost seemed like it was fate because it was located in Marietta, GA (less than 5 miles from the Tesla Service Center and less than 15 miles from my location). However, 3 items tempered my excitement; high mileage @ 78k, no AP (deducted 1/2 from full unicorn status) and no warranty (except for the battery and DU). Even though, the 3 items were large obstacles, I still wanted to test drive the S. When I arrived at the shop that was selling the S on consignment, I couldn't wipe the disbelief off my face. The S looked brand new with the exterior and interior, and the test drive was even better. I was given the keys to spend some time alone with the S, and the S performed as well (if not better) than the overnight Tesla demo that I just drove 2 weeks ago. From there, the decision making process went on full force. The wifey supported that I place a non-refundable deposit to reserve the S for 5 days. Thus, the start of my deep dive of research to even entertain a high mileage vehicle with no ESA (was the gamble worthwhile?) which consisted of a Tesla PPI, being very inquisitive with the service history, consuming information from this forum and other sites. Given the stellar history and ownership history, I figured if the price was right, then it could be a low percentage gamble. The price was right. Then, I started the journey of some healthy OCD to ensure that the low percentage gamble stayed low; driver's side door is presented only to minimize wear on the precious delicate handles, I turned off the folding of the side mirrors to minimize wear. Most of the settings are turned off (except for Range Mode and Cabin Overheat, these both are turned on to ensure the longevity of the HVAC unit and the MCU; I don't want to see any bubbles which could be associated with temperature tolerance), I haven't even used the sunroof yet. No frunk crease (the frunk was used 3x, but closed properly with the 2 hand method per the manual). The trunk is included in all of this gentle love. The wife humors me by turning off the climate control when we exit the vehicle; along with the tint, we use the heatshields for the front windshield and panoramic sunroof to minimize the thermal load. I am happy to say, the S is responding beautifully to the gentle love. I am sure it could tolerate more, but I choose to treat it well, so that in turn the S will treat me well. The S is a perfect wolf in sheep's clothing. Mild mannered and super quiet when driven gently, but there are times when the S asks to be driven; especially hugging those curves with the + suspension! Exhilarating! The ride, the acceleration and the handling are better than any sports car I have owned so far. I reluctantly list my S for sale because my family is expanding, and I would like someone else to enjoy this mini unicorn. I am hunting for a similar gem with the X, so the transition won't be as difficult as I watch someone else drive off and enjoy my first Tesla.

Information:

Location - Brookhaven, GA
Title - Clean and in my possession
Year - 2014
Build Date (anniversary date) - 5/21/2014
Model - S P85+
Color - Pearl White
AP - N/A, we like driving our vehicles, so it wasn't a negative factor
Mileage - 79.5k
Owners - 3 including me. [0-15k] - lease to lease purchase older couple, [15k - 78k] - highway commuting medical professional
Battery Charge (rated miles) - Less than 4% degradation, the S is always charged to 60% only because it is sufficient for our needs, and I charged it to 100% once for the data point with the listing.
60% - 150
70% - 175
80% - 200
90% - 225
100% - 255
Charger - Included, Model S/X Corded Mobile Connector
Door handles - All 4 work perfectly, according to the service history, just both handles on the passenger side have been replaced once.
MCU - Perfect, set to 20% brightness for Day and 0% for Night.
Connectivity - 3G, the connection has been sufficient for our needs, all streaming media connects with limited if any latency.
Sunroof - Perfect, haven't used it once under my ownership; the plan was to leave the heatshields on until the fall/winter.
Frunk - Perfect, used 3x as entertainment, but the prevention of the notorious frunk crease > entertainment (even using the proper closure method).
Trunk - Perfect, smooth open and clean latch.
PPI - Inspected on 6/6/2018 without any issues. The bolts for the steering rack housing were replaced as part of a recall, and the regular maintenance was performed.
Warranty:
Basic Vehicle - N/A
Battery and Drive Unit - 5/21/2022 / infinite mileage
ESA - N/A
Wheels (staggered setup) - 98%, no curb rash, but one tiny chip on the middle inner part of the spoke of the rear driver's wheel.
Tires (rotated sides and balanced on 6/12/2018):
Front - OEM, less than 10k miles
Rear - OEM, less than 2k miles
MSRP - $123k
Asking Price - $55k, if your focal point is price, then I would appreciate any help in keeping the comments conducive to my listing or message me privately. Feel free to offer your best offer, and if the interest level is serious, then come experience the S, and you will understand the value.

Specifications:
Performance Plus with Air Suspension
21" Grey Performance+ Wheels
85 kWh Battery
Pearl White Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Fog Lamps
Premium Interior Lighting
Parking Sensors
Black Leather Seats
Alcantara Headliner
Carbon Fiber Decor Accents
Tech Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
Parcel Shelf
Supercharging
Red Brake Calipers
Single Charger
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Enhancements:
PPF
- Included prior to ownership, Full frontal including front pillars, side mirrors and door handles
Ceramic coating - N/A, this would be the next enhancement if I decide to keep it
Dashcam - Included prior to ownership and professionally installed, DR650GW-2CH
Yacht floor - Purchased, matching carbon fiber
All weather mats - Purchased, Tesla branded weathertech mats (except for the frunk), the carpet mats including the yacht floor carpet will be included
Heatshields - Purchased, front windshield and panoramic roof
Screen protector - Purchased, Abstract Ocean - 5H anti-scratch & shock resistant

Pictures:
Pictures_External - Google Drive