TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2014 Model S P85 with AutoPilot, 17k miles

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by nctalkinghead, Jun 10, 2016.

1. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

I have been bitten by the X bug so I am offering my well-cared for 2014 Model S for sale. It is a rare P85 with AutoPilot package. I am told by my Tesla SC that only 375 rear wheel drive performance 85's were built with AutoPilot before the rear drive was discontinued.

One owner

No pets or children and I am a non-smoker

Garaged when not being driven

Purchased in December, 2015 from inventory in Rockville, Maryland with 11,798 miles from its demo/service loaner days. New car warranty goes to December 2019 and 61,798 miles.

Read the attached MVPA for details on accessories. Color is metallic grey with tan interior. Build date was Oct 2014.

Current mileage is 17,5xx but will increase as this is my first love to drive!

I had windows tinted with Photosync 45, including the windshield, and have been very pleased with UV and heat protection. Trunk and frunk LED lighting upgrade.

$89,500 as is in Raleigh, NC. Buyer assumes any costs for delivery. I have clear North Carolina title in hand.

Attached Files:

2. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Price drop to $85,500

• Dislike x 1
  3. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

What happened to the 21" wheels? (Tesla 8-1.jpeg)

4. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

this car never had 21" wheels. perhaps confused with another listing?

5. nitrochino

nitrochino Member

I think you got confused with mine. The car was sold, but the 21" wheels are still in my garage. Needing a new model S to put them on. :)
    Tesla P85 with Autopilot $74990

6. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Your image Tesla 8-1 - the dash image shows different (I presume 21") wheels.

• Like x 1
  7. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

That image is a screenshot from my car...but it has never had the 21" wheels. 19" Michelin Primacy's only

8. nitrochino

nitrochino Member

You should contact Tesla Service to have the logo updated. I got my logos changed after switching wheels.

9. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

That request is about 30th on my list of Top 25 things I need to do...

• Funny x 3
  10. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

price drop again to $79,900

• Dislike x 1
  11. Chief holley

Chief holley Member

I would love to see the car in person! I am right around the corner from you (Pittsboro, NC). I'll be in the market to buy a tesla in the coming months, so I would like to keep your contact. Hit me up please with some information.

12. JamesBrown

JamesBrown New Member

I would love to come see the car in person.

13. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Car is in Raleigh NC and I will be happy for you to see it in person.

14. JamesBrown

JamesBrown New Member

Damn. I missed that part. I saw that you purchased it in Rockville. I live in Rockville so Raleigh is a bit more than an after work trip.

15. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

In a Tesla no trip is too long :)

16. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Just giving a shout-out to a fellow member of the "375 club"! I think this final incarnation of the P85 has some definite advantages over the newer models. It has the performance motor with its improved acceleration, but it's quieter than the dual motor version and allows for much more storage space in the frunk. And this car has Autopilot, so you get all the current features like autosteer and traffic-aware cruise control.

17. Markk993

Markk993 Member

thank you for posting that...I have been shopping for a 2014 P85 with AP or a 2015 85D..(seemingly for a long time) . i am still learning a bit here and there but still not convinced that a 2014 P85 with AP although undeniably rare is a better deal than a similarly equipped 85D. your point is well taken that a P85 is quieter and has a larger frunk... however my understanding is that the dual motor is more efficient (slightly more range) the performance is exactly the same and that a handling edge might go to the D with the AWD. . Also the D version would have next gen seats (which seem to be better) and maybe as much as a year more of factory warranty. I am not sure if this is the right place for this post and without offending anyone (hopefully) because it is a beautiful car. I am not sure that rare = valuable and with 85Ds recently selling in the 75-80K range I am wondering (price being similar) what is in fact a better deal or does it just come down to personal preference. It seems to me that a P85+ is more significantly different but that a P85 vs an 85D is more comparable.

That being said this car certainly falls into what I am looking for and is certainly worth exploring further. Living in Las Vegas it would be hard to see the car first hand but my brother lives in Cary NC which I believe is just a few miles away. Is there any other compelling factors that I am not considering that might make this car more desirable than an 85D.

I look forward to your response either on this thread or by PM if you prefer... thanks for your time...

18. Markk993

Markk993 Member

Sorry - one last thing... I just caught that this is a CPO car purchased in December 2015 which actually makes my previous warranty comment incorrect. Warranty wise this is similar if not better than what I might find in a 85D...I am sending you a PM

thanks

19. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Mileage update: now at 18,100 but still firm at price of $79,500

20. Markk993

Markk993 Member

To anyone interested in this vehicle.... I know it is hard to buy a vehicle from several states away and really get a sense if the pictures do the car justice. Luckily in this case my brother who worked for BMW for over 10 years lives about 5 miles from this car. In the hopes of purchasing it, my brother met with the owner (an amazingly nice man) and spent about 30-40 minutes going over the car. I can tell you without question that this car is pristine in every way and not only that, I have never encountered a Tesla owner more diligent with record keeping and more focused on maintaining the car in showroom condition. I even called the Tesla dealership in the area and they immediately knew the car and the dealership even raved about how meticulously it was maintained...

So you are probably saying, why am I not buying it? GREAT QUESTION.., Well the truth is that life happens and situations can change in a moment. This is the case with me and for that reason I will be out of the shopping market for a few months. If this was not the case I would be on my way to Raleigh. However, I thought it was the right thing to do to offer an unsolicited 3rd party opinion for anyone contemplating this car. Again the current owner is one of the nicest people you could ever deal with. So if the idea of having a very very rare P85 with AP (and almost 3.5 years of warranty left) is interesting to you I can tell you there is not a better example available.

I know this car will not be on the market when I am back to shopping so someone is going to be a very happy 2nd owner...

thanks