Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to sell my 2014 S85+, red with tan Nappa leather interior. Includes the tech package and I believe the hardware is AP1. I'm open to questions to figure out the AP feature set more precisely - I know the car features autosteering and can do lane changes.

I'm the original owner with lifetime supercharging, and the mileage is just under 43,000. No salty roads down here, and while it's been my daily driver, the trips are fairly short and the battery pack charges to around 252 miles at 100%. Brand new 12V battery and relatively new tires (21" Michelin Super Sport). No damage, no scratches, regular cleaning and parked under cover. Sirius XM and 3G streaming.

The car is gorgeous and has been a delight, but I'm just ready to try something different. Note that the screen is 100% fine, but the refresh interacts with my camera so it has the black bands as an artifact only. I think this was one of the last Performance Plus models, as the dual motor edition came out to replace it while my car was being built.

Attachments

• exterior (1).jpg
    exterior (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 223
  • exterior (2).jpg
    exterior (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • exterior (3).jpg
    exterior (3).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • exterior (4).jpg
    exterior (4).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • exterior (5).jpg
    exterior (5).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • exterior (6).jpg
    exterior (6).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • exterior (7).jpg
    exterior (7).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • exterior (8).jpg
    exterior (8).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
  • exterior-badge.jpg
    exterior-badge.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 96
  • exterior-headlight.jpg
    exterior-headlight.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 100d
More pics.

Asking price is $44,000 but I'm open to offers.

Attachments

• exterior-open.jpg
    exterior-open.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 93
  • exterior-p85.jpg
    exterior-p85.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 107
  • exterior-wheel.jpg
    exterior-wheel.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 103
  • interior (1).jpg
    interior (1).jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 110
  • interior (2).jpg
    interior (2).jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 107
  • interior (3).jpg
    interior (3).jpg
    548 KB · Views: 114
  • interior (4).jpg
    interior (4).jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 106
  • interior (5).jpg
    interior (5).jpg
    612 KB · Views: 131
  • order.jpg
    order.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 136
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 145
You have a somewhat unusual car, a P85+ with AP1. Not THAT unusual, but there might be someone who is willing to pay a premium for a lower mile clean example of that combination. But the reality is most of us will probably value it in the upper 30's, and there is no shortage of decent competition in the low 30's. Is your car an excellent example, it seems to be. The battery still charging to 252 is pretty good. Is the software up to date on it?

For example, there is a 2016 P85D for sale on here for $44K, it still has a couple of years of CPO warranty on it, and about 3.5 years of drive unit/battery warranty on it. It also has Unlimited supercharging that will transfer. I love the P85+, but I would be silly to buy your car over that one at the same price.

Last edited:
Funny thing about the software - the car was stuck on 2019 software until last month, when the service center was finally able to get it fully reset. They had to contact some special engineering team, I was told. They said I wouldn't be able to supercharge until it was updated, but it was still working - anyway, long story short, yes, it is fully up to date.

I do have the unlimited supercharging but I believe any warranty is running out next month so it's a non-factor.

I would probably take $40K, honestly. Seems like prices have slipped over the last few months (I first researched the topic in September, when I was considering making a change).

Thanks!

What does the phone app show now for 100% charge in miles when you drag the slider to 100% now that the software is up to date? The newer software derates the battery somewhat, so your 252 miles may be out of date with current software.

Sorry to see there has been no interest - if the price might be an issue, I'd welcome commentary on that.

I’m in the market with cash burning a hole in my pocket, but also happy to look for a months to find the right car for me - call me perverse but when car hunting I quite enjoy the thrill of the chase. Anyway, you asked for some commentary so here goes.

I’m looking for a well-optioned, non-boring AP1 car. Ideally a P85D, but I’m sure an 85D would be fast enough at least for now. My five most recent vehicles, to give you an idea of where my head’s at, have been a Millennium Edition 911, a V8 Touareg, a Dinan E46 BMW, an S4 convertible and (just for funsies) an ‘86 Fiero. But I digress.

Your car, @darthsigma, looks very nice indeed. I love the colour combination. I wish it had the subzero package but otherwise it checks most of my boxes. The combination of 21” wheels and plus suspension on potholed DC streets gives me pause, but on the other hand I’m sure it’s great fun on decent roads. It looks very well looked after, and I applaud your taste in music :) . All that said, I do think you’re aiming a little high. If you were closer, then at $40k I’d come take a look out of curiosity. And at $35k I’d seriously consider it.

Trouble is, as Target notes, there’s a fair amount of competition in this price bracket. There’s a dealership a couple of hours north in PA that has a bunch of one-owner P85Ds in the $36k range - no FUSC, but it’s a lot of car for the money. I went to look at a 2016 90D locally at the weekend, 27k miles for $42k, every option except UHFS. It was very lovely, but was sold through a dealership last year so I suspect the FUSC the current owner enjoys will disappear. I was tempted though (and still might be if he drops the price a bit).

I do think that these cars experience a drop in value as the end of the battery / drivetrain warranty approaches. As a buyer I‘d likely choose newer-but-higher-miles 2015 or 2016 over a comparably-specced lower mileage 2014 with less warranty remaining. I‘ve also been looking at cars being resold by Tesla - they had a 90k-mile, no accident, late 2015 85D with every option except third row seats (which I actively don’t want) that sold a couple of weeks ago for I think $31,600. With the extra one-year pre-owned warranty, I definitely should have bought it. By the time I decided to hit the ‘buy’ button, someone had beat me to it by 30 minutes.

GLWS :cool:

Reactions: buckets0fun
I’m in the market with cash burning a hole in my pocket, but also happy to look for a months to find the right car for me - call me perverse but when car hunting I quite enjoy the thrill of the chase. Anyway, you asked for some commentary so here goes.

I’m looking for a well-optioned, non-boring AP1 car. Ideally a P85D, but I’m sure an 85D would be fast enough at least for now. My five most recent vehicles, to give you an idea of where my head’s at, have been a Millennium Edition 911, a V8 Touareg, a Dinan E46 BMW, an S4 convertible and (just for funsies) an ‘86 Fiero. But I digress.

Your car, @darthsigma, looks very nice indeed. I love the colour combination. I wish it had the subzero package but otherwise it checks most of my boxes. The combination of 21” wheels and plus suspension on potholed DC streets gives me pause, but on the other hand I’m sure it’s great fun on decent roads. It looks very well looked after, and I applaud your taste in music :) . All that said, I do think you’re aiming a little high. If you were closer, then at $40k I’d come take a look out of curiosity. And at $35k I’d seriously consider it.

Trouble is, as Target notes, there’s a fair amount of competition in this price bracket. There’s a dealership a couple of hours north in PA that has a bunch of one-owner P85Ds in the $36k range - no FUSC, but it’s a lot of car for the money. I went to look at a 2016 90D locally at the weekend, 27k miles for $42k, every option except UHFS. It was very lovely, but was sold through a dealership last year so I suspect the FUSC the current owner enjoys will disappear. I was tempted though (and still might be if he drops the price a bit).

I do think that these cars experience a drop in value as the end of the battery / drivetrain warranty approaches. As a buyer I‘d likely choose newer-but-higher-miles 2015 or 2016 over a comparably-specced lower mileage 2014 with less warranty remaining. I‘ve also been looking at cars being resold by Tesla - they had a 90k-mile, no accident, late 2015 85D with every option except third row seats (which I actively don’t want) that sold a couple of weeks ago for I think $31,600. With the extra one-year pre-owned warranty, I definitely should have bought it. By the time I decided to hit the ‘buy’ button, someone had beat me to it by 30 minutes.

I really appreciate the feedback and everything you're saying makes sense. I was seeing the 42K-45K estimates back in the fall, and was also offered a 36K trade-in by BMW at that time, but there are definitely more cars on the market right now.

It really has been great - the second favorite daily driving car I've ever owned (#1 was the 2000 Ferrari 550 Maranello) - and I hope it goes directly to somebody who enjoys cars like this, instead of going through a dealer or auctions.

I'll consider posting again with a lower price, unless that's against the rules.

Thanks again.

What does the phone app show now for 100% charge in miles when you drag the slider to 100% now that the software is up to date? The newer software derates the battery somewhat, so your 252 miles may be out of date with current software.
I didn't know this trick, but I just checked, and it says 258 miles! The software was only updated a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't actually charged the car to 100% since then. It's always 90%, charged at home, and it's only ever been on three long trips in its lifetime.

Pm me, I’m in the DC area and have a late 16 75D with AP2 and Free Supercharging and has the same 0-60 as the 15 85D’s. Looking to get mid 40’s, so could be newer car for your money for just a few k more.

Another bite of perspective, after months of searching, I found and purchased nearly the exact same car (and love it!) for $29,900. Now, I know I got a great deal on it since the little dealership had no idea what they were selling, but all the same, I think the true value is somewhere mid 30’s. Mine is a ‘14 P85+ AP1 with all the same options with out the rear jump seats. Tesla did strip FUSC from it as well since it went through a dealer sale. Mileage was slightly higher at 73k too, but batter pack is in same condition. Good luck with the sale!

Another bite of perspective, after months of searching, I found and purchased nearly the exact same car (and love it!) for $29,900. Now, I know I got a great deal on it since the little dealership had no idea what they were selling, but all the same, I think the true value is somewhere mid 30’s. Mine is a ‘14 P85+ AP1 with all the same options with out the rear jump seats. Tesla did strip FUSC from it as well since it went through a dealer sale. Mileage was slightly higher at 73k too, but batter pack is in same condition. Good luck with the sale!
Thanks! I'm still hoping for mid-30's, and I'll be posting in a few other places this weekend. The FUSC and 43K mileage might help a little, and it's really only ever been on one extended trip (to Pittsburgh, three charging stops each way). I'll be back here if nothing works out elsewhere.

Kevin

I thought with FUSC or SC01 it stays with car

Not with a dealer sale, unfortunately.

Bump for an awesome car
My understanding, I am probably wrong, is that if the dealer took it in on trade from an owner of the SC01 car, then it might retain it for the buyer. IF the dealer bought it at auction then the odds get worse, and if they bought it from Tesla or from Tesla via an auction then pretty much no chance.