Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S P85D For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asking $60,000
18,762 miles
Ludicrous speed upgrade
Excellent condition
Pictures available for serious buyers
Located in Minnesota

Attachments

• F25C80FC-9D18-413D-891F-F75961F492FF.jpeg
    F25C80FC-9D18-413D-891F-F75961F492FF.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 174
Ludicrous upgrade was $4,900 plus tax. 0-60 time reduced to 2.80.
Dang almost a half second improvement if your 2.8 statement is accurate...that would be tempting! I didn't even know that was an available upgrade at some point.

Bish - For a 2014 that is for sure the lowest mileage I've ever seen recently for a Tesla...has it just been sitting in your garage most of its life? Please post some pictures for curious souls like me.

Dang almost a half second improvement if your 2.8 statement is accurate...that would be tempting! I didn't even know that was an available upgrade at some point.

Bish - For a 2014 that is for sure the lowest mileage I've ever seen recently for a Tesla...has it just been sitting in your garage most of its life? Please post some pictures for curious souls like me.

This is my wife’s summer vehicle (I have my own Tesla where the miles get put on), so the winters have been spent in my heated garage. I’ve been out of town for work, but will be back this week. I’ll wash it and post a bunch of interior and exterior pics.

There are no indications that ludicrous improved performance in the P85D. I don’t have ludicrous and have faster times than any P85D with ludicrous. Not even close to 2.8, the fastest I’ve seen recorded is over 3 seconds 0-60mph 1ft. It’s was not worth getting

E0DDC2BC-BD44-463A-80FA-73413A546C41.jpeg

3553E21B-117A-4573-B7C1-91B3BA02FF13.jpeg

8B1B4004-BC6C-428D-90A5-171B8F338F15.jpeg

There are your results

• Disagree
Reactions: whitex and bhzmark
Dragy doesn't show the fastest
There are no indications that ludicrous improved performance in the P85D. I don’t have ludicrous and have faster times than any P85D with ludicrous. Not even close to 2.8, the fastest I’ve seen recorded is over 3 seconds 0-60mph 1ft. It’s was not worth getting

Not true. Your nonludi P85D is faster than most. Did you lighten it?

But Ludicrous improvement was mostly at higher speeds. Post your 1/8 mile and quarter mile times on Dragy or dragtimes and be faster than 7.35 1/8 mile (which as at 85 SOC and cold and not max battery power) or 11.3 quarter mile (at dragstrip at 95 SOC and hot).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: tyler2323
I paid $5,000 for the Ludicrous upgrade on my P85D. To say it is not faster is to disagree with Tesla and their upgrade, which they told us improved 0-60 MPH from 3.1 seconds to 2.8. I've thought about buying another Model S, but have not yet.
I’m still of the opinion that the P85DL(+ especially) is, to date, an amazing car to be in. Unless Raven range is seriously needed, there’s 0 shame in this game.

But Ludicrous improvement was mostly at higher speeds. Post your 1/8 mile and quarter mile times on Dragy or dragtimes and be faster than 7.35 1/8 mile (which as at 85 SOC and cold and not max battery power) or 11.3 quarter mile (at dragstrip at 95 SOC and hot).

This is the fastest for any P85D/P85DL time 0-60mph but it’s not legit cuz I know the owner is capable of changing the cars location as well as adding amps etc as he knows how to do a lot of things others cannot do to these cars. He is very knowledgeable
3B29EA4B-45E3-4D73-9097-C2970502EF57.jpeg

No didn’t lighten it but the ludicrous will only make a difference for longer times like the 1/4 miles. There is no way just a P85D will get anywhere near 11 seconds in the 1/4 miles. Tesla’s 1/4 times are by far the most off as no P90DL has ever broken 11 seconds like it was originally claimed to do. I had one that probably could have been right around 11 seconds but none of my times are at a track. So I never got to see if my 2016.5 P90DL could have broke the 11 second mark in the 1/4. The 0-30/0-60mph are almost identical with a P85D/P85DL but the ludicrous won’t add much if any difference as far as 0-60mph but the longer it goes it will keep gaining slightly. You can see how much mine loses speed after 30mph compared to other performance models. But Tesla’s claims of dropping from 3.2 -2.8 are incorrect

I paid $5,000 for the Ludicrous upgrade on my P85D. To say it is not faster is to disagree with Tesla and their upgrade, which they told us improved 0-60 MPH from 3.1 seconds to 2.8. I've thought about buying another Model S, but have not yet.

Yes Tesla definitely lied about the improvements that ludicrous would add especially with the P85D. They actually got sued in Norway. However the P85D/P85DL are just as fast as the prefacelift P90D’s which times are the most exaggerated of any besides the 2016.5 P90DL. Also the P85D is actually faster than Tesla claims which is one of the few. It does 0-60mph 1ft in about 3 seconds instead of 3.2.
You will see that all the used P85D’s that had ludicrous previously on ev-cpo have had it removed. (Shows on the the car P85DL but doesn’t have it in the description meaning they will remove it) I don’t know exactly why, could be the negative effects on the battery etc but it’s the only one (P85DL) that Tesla seems it doesn’t want to sale them with it included anymore.

Makes me wonder if all P85D’s with ludicrous may have add been affected by an update to prevent them from being as fast as they may have been capable of awhile ago to prevent damage to the battery. I can also promise the more you use launch mode and max battery will decline the performance overtime. Which I think Tesla controls more so than the battery itself being the reason in the dramatic decline. It will obviously effect kw/performance the more your driving in ludicrous plus , insane plus in max battery regardless but I feel they lower it even more based on your driving habits if they see launch mode/max battery being used too much
My 2016.5 P90DL went from the highest recording of 520kw when I first got the battery replaced to around 490kw over the span of 6 months and a lot of 0-60mph times. Anytime I took it in for a service it always lost an additional 5kw than what it was at before taking it in.

Last edited:

Here’s at 78% on regular roads having to slow down due too limited road
66DA05B8-8D1C-49D1-8F13-D4F2E076B199.png

My 0-60mph was nowhere near what it’s capable of so I would guess around 7.23 with 90%+ SOC
71EA04D9-14AC-4946-A825-361DC15EDD2D.png

The Ludicrous upgrade was $5K for a P85D, it is no longer available perhaps because of the reported battery degradation with multiple uses. The 0-60 reduced from 3.05secs to 2.95secs.
The ludicrous ugrade was supposed to be available for only 6 months, it rolled out late but it also lasted way longer (IRRC ~18 months). It was supposed to be only available to original owners, but 2nd owners reported getting it too. Bottom like, Tesla was generous on this one (though it might have been that they felt guilty selling a 691hp car which would only deliver 463hp). Tesla simply stopped producing and stoking the $5K retrofit kits, and stopped training the techs on how to do it (it was a fairly involved retrofit, requiring disassembly of the battery).

Personally I got it for the higher speed acceleration in the 40-75mph range. I almost never launch full throttle because it empties my cubby into the back-seat. My go pedal doesn't really touch the floor under 40mph.

Last edited: