Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S P85D | Grey Metallic | 9.4k Miles | San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently selling my 2014 Grey Metallic Model S P85D with 9,400 miles, located in (Downtown) San Diego, CA. It has only ever had 1 owner, and it's in excellent condition. I purchased it brand new for 134.4k.

Asking Price: $80,000

Features
  1. Grey Metallic Paint
  2. Tan Next Generation Seats
  3. 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  4. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  5. Carbon Fiber Décor
  6. Black Alcantara Headliner
  7. Tech Package with Autopilot
  8. Supercharger Enabled
  9. Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  10. Smart Air Suspension
  11. Premium Interior Package
  12. Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  13. Red Brake Calipers
  14. Dual Chargers
qn1mijc.jpg

Reactions: Goinglongg and AWD>
I'm curious what the community thinks about low mileage cars nearing warranty end. These cars are not without problems that are normally fixed under warranty. Like door handles, displays, motor whine, etc. mostly 2012/2013 that I'm aware of. I would be scare to buy this car if a ESA was not available. Actually, I be afraid to buy any Tesla that a ESA was not available.

Reactions: Big Earl
I agree with you on that one. I wouldn't own any high-value car without a warranty. I learned that lesson a long time ago when I bought a used Mercedes.

I believe the P85D was introduced in the summer of 14. Therefore, the car has an in-service date between July(ish) 14 to about early 15 (depending on order and delivery date).

With ESA that would make this car covered for about 4.5 - 5 years, which is more than acceptable.

I believe the P85D was introduced in the summer of 14. Therefore, the car has an in-service date between July(ish) 14 to about early 15 (depending on order and delivery date)

FYI our "fully loaded" 2015 P85D's in-service date is at the end of July 2015... so P85D in-service dates probably run through 3rd and maybe even 4th quarter 2015 for "inventory" vehicles.

We're planning on buying an ESA or our 2015 P85D before our Tesla 4-year / 50,000 mile warranty expires since the Ludicrous upgrade can increase wear & tear on the drivetrain... and we typically keep our cars 10 years / 100,000+ miles.

I'm curious what the community thinks about low mileage cars nearing warranty end. These cars are not without problems that are normally fixed under warranty. Like door handles, displays, motor whine, etc. mostly 2012/2013 that I'm aware of. I would be scare to buy this car if a ESA was not available. Actually, I be afraid to buy any Tesla that a ESA was not available.

I'm looking to buy a P85D and would absolutely not consider any car without a warranty. It would ruin my day if the MCU or a door handle or two were to quit and I have repair bills going into the thousands with only Tesla being able to source parts and fix the car.

So if you consider or buy a car without a warranty, IMO there should be a substantial discount compared to a car with warranty to account for any issues that might come up.

Absolutely about the ESA and buying a car private party as in that case you get the rest of the factory warranty PLUS an additional 4 years. Definitely buy the ESA unless you are fine rolling the dice with the possibility of repair bills going into the thousands.

Reactions: kwjayhawk
I'm looking to buy a P85D and would absolutely not consider any car without a warranty...
The coincidence is amazing. I bought a very used Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 in Alpine! It had slightly over 150,000 miles when I bought it, all put on by the original owner. Given air suspension and all the gizmo's of the age I clearly was out of my mind. It ran well for another 20,000 miles for me whereupon I sold it for a substantial profit when I moved from NYC to Manila for work. I have thought fondly of Alpine ever since. Lovely place.

A very highly used Tesla would worry me less than did that one. It definitely was the P100D of that age.

Reactions: Big Earl
I agree with you on that one. I wouldn't own any high-value car without a warranty. I learned that lesson a long time ago when I bought a used Mercedes.

I believe the P85D was introduced in the summer of 14. Therefore, the car has an in-service date between July(ish) 14 to about early 15 (depending on order and delivery date).

With ESA that would make this car covered for about 4.5 - 5 years, which is more than acceptable.

I'm pretty sure the P85D was introduced in the fall of 2014 and the first cars were delivered in the December timeframe. I'm not a Tesla expert, and my memory isn't perfect, but we have one of the first P85Ds made (delivered in late Dec 14) and I remember watching the intro sometime around Oct. 2014.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy and BrokerDon
I'm pretty sure the P85D was introduced in the fall of 2014 and the first cars were delivered in the December timeframe. I'm not a Tesla expert, and my memory isn't perfect, but we have one of the first P85Ds made (delivered in late Dec 14) and I remember watching the intro sometime around Oct. 2014.

Your memory is spot on. It was introduced in October of 2014 and the first deliveries were December of 2014.

Mike

I'm currently selling my 2014 Grey Metallic Model S P85D with 9,400 miles, located in (Downtown) San Diego, CA. It has only ever had 1 owner, and it's in excellent condition. I purchased it brand new for 134.4k.

Asking Price: $80,000

Features
  1. Grey Metallic Paint
  2. Tan Next Generation Seats
  3. 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  4. All Glass Panoramic Roof
  5. Carbon Fiber Décor
  6. Black Alcantara Headliner
  7. Tech Package with Autopilot
  8. Supercharger Enabled
  9. Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  10. Smart Air Suspension