Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S P85D insane disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also new on here and thinking of purchasing a 2014 P85D. while test driving I noticed that there was not an option for ludicrous or insane mode? It is a P85D but appears to be missing one of those driving modes. From what I have read it sounds like the did a software update at some point and removed insane? can this be restored?

I am also new on here and thinking of purchasing a 2014 P85D. while test driving I noticed that there was not an option for ludicrous or insane mode? It is a P85D but appears to be missing one of those driving modes. From what I have read it sounds like the did a software update at some point and removed insane? can this be restored?
Are you sure the owner didn’t just slap a Performance badge on a standard 85D?

Did you check the VIN/instrument cluster?

I’ve never heard of modes disappearing but I have also not had my P85D for a few years now.

Upvote 0
Early build P85D came with the stiffer suspension found on the P85+ cars but Tesla never put the + badge on the car.

The instrument cluster and settings page for P85D without Ludicrous should look like this...

Attachments

• 20220319_124800.jpg
    20220319_124800.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 20220319_124316.jpg
    20220319_124316.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
Change of Subject 🙄. How the heck did you get that tire pressure to display? I have found that yet on my 2014 Model S P85+ yet it has tire pressure sensors 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
It’s the “Car Status” item when you long press either scroll wheel to select what’s displayed. Unless you have the old Baolong TPMS and are still running V9 software, Car Status should be an option for you.

Upvote 0