Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S - panoramic roof leak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 Model S P85D with sliding panoramic sunroof. I just started getting a minor leak coming from the rear driver side dome light. It happens when I take it through the carwash (about 5-10 water drops). Have not tested yet in rain. The front two drain tubes are cleaned out and drain perfectly.

Is it maybe the rear roof drain tubes? If so, where are they located? The seal on the fixed (rear) glass portion is sagged a few millimeter on the driver side by about 8-10 inches. I have not brought into SC yet and wanted to see if there was an at home fix I should try first. It is out of warranty.

Thanks everyone.

This is the Model 3 section, and no Model 3 ever had an opening sunroof. It sounds like you could have rear drain tube troubles, but neither of my previous Model S cars had that issue so I'm not completely familiar with cleaning the tubes or where they leak when "backed up."

You're probably better off asking here: Model S
====================

(moderator note)

Thread moved to model S subforum

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Model 3 section, and no Model 3 ever had an opening sunroof. It sounds like you could have rear drain tube troubles, but neither of my previous Model S cars had that issue so I'm not completely familiar with cleaning the tubes or where they leak when "backed up."

You're probably better off asking here: Model S
Good catch....I meant to post in Model S section. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I have a 2015 Model S P85D with sliding panoramic sunroof. I just started getting a minor leak coming from the rear driver side dome light. It happens when I take it through the carwash (about 5-10 water drops). Have not tested yet in rain. The front two drain tubes are cleaned out and drain perfectly.

Is it maybe the rear roof drain tubes? If so, where are they located? The seal on the fixed (rear) glass portion is sagged a few millimeter on the driver side by about 8-10 inches. I have not brought into SC yet and wanted to see if there was an at home fix I should try first. It is out of warranty.

Thanks everyone.
I’ve just taken the sill trims off and found the ends of the drains just lying there. If they weren’t clogged they would just drain on top of the sill and into the foot tray. I assume this is wrong and they should be threaded into the door pillar?

Thanks everyone.
Mine seem to not have much holding the hoses on. If you feel in there with your fingers you can try to reach up and slide it back on.
This is pretty much right behind the rear passenger button light just between the headliner and glass.

I tried attaching a picture but all I'm getting is server errors every time I try to put it in this post...

Last edited: