Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S Trade for 7 passenger Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used 2014 Model S thinking that I could add the rear facing seats later and found out that it is not possible. I am hoping to find someone with the seven passenger seating that no longer needs this option and would like to trade with me. Here is what I have:

85 kWh Battery
Black Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Black Alloy Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Matte Obeche Wood Decor
Custom Matching Center Console
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Twin Chargers
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package
Premium Interior Lighting
Brake Calipers -- Red

We can work out details such as trading cash...

Thanks,

Brent
WP_20160215_13_46_42_Pro.jpg

Eh...it's one of those things...where you sort of have to convince them to do it. It has been done before, but they will likely resist. You might convince them. You might not. Good luck!

Sometimes they just don't realize it can be done, and just need the information to realize it can. When I had my car delivered with rear facing seats, I had to show the delivery guy that it had a button inside the trunk to open and shut the trunk that he didn't even know about. He took pictures of it while I was there. The customer showing the delivery guy about features on the car the delivery guy didn't know about. How about those apples?

Reactions: ABCCBA
I called a Tesla Service Center and was told this was impossible. Armed with this new information, I am going to give them another call. I may be interested in your seats. Stay tuned and thanks so much for the information.

Brent
Please let share what you find. I am looking for a MS with rear facing seats, and thought I might be able to pick one up and add them. I have had both the service center and retail location tell me they only add them during production. And in reading about it, I found some information about how they used to add them after the fact (2013 and before I think), but then changed it. One person posted an email from Tesla letting them know their car was about to head into production, and they had just made the change, so if they wanted the rear seats they needed to add them now. If you find a way to have them added I would love to know!

Great news - called (844) 248-3752 and they just got back to me - they are going to install the seats in my Tesla (P35310) on May 5th for $3,400. I am so excited! I have six kids and this is going to be wonderful. I will post back with a picture when done.

Brent
What service center is that? The center here in Scottsdale Arizona said they're having trouble figuring out how that can be done and would love to speak with the service center you have an appointment with. Do you mind sharing the info?

So I finally retrieved my car from the Buena Park service center and here is the result. They had to modify the back bench seat, add hooks to the trunk floor and attach the seats to the rear lip - here is a picture of the end result. This is the end of a long wait for a seven passenger electric vehicle.

Brent

Congratulations Bent - I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1) Did the price include the actual seats or did you buy separately?

2) Did the SC have to install any reinforcement bar or is that now standard in every car (something I read sometime ago)?

3) How do the seats fold away or do they? I can't tell from the picture as the floor lid appears to not be removable anymore? Perhaps you can post a few more shots?

Thanks and congrats again!