Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
having a 2014 model s is really disappointing when it comes to new updates
Not really imo. I knew going into the purchase I was not going to benefit from all the new software that new ones get. Simple solution is to buy a new one, that's if it's in your budget and you must have the latest and greatest. Which S do you have? Dont you enjoy driving it?

I feel in many ways like OP Charlotte, and gotta agree with Patrick in that it's good to remind myself that this futuristic EV is still way in the future, as an actual vehicle, despite having an old obsolete iPAD glued to its insides :confused:

But losing the browser was critical for me as I got accustomed to having it available (for the record I got it back running after performing a FACTORY RESET on the car. This also seemed to make voice control work better, but didn't fix streaming stutters). Not being able to participate in all the new games, Netflix, etc. is not really so big a deal to me personally.

But I am scratching my head about the UI design choices made in V9, that were not fixed in V10, along with the lack of better integration with phones, in particular some sort of text messaging integration. Tesla's calendar integration was what first attracted me to Model S back in 2015 to be honest.

But since then our user interface feature-set, at least when it comes to phone integration, seems to have fallen behind all the gas-powered econoboxes.

I wouldn’t trade the car for any other car other then a newer model s. But having 2 small kids makes for a pleasant supercharging experience. Having a show on Netflix and a driving beach game to play for 40 minutes on a road trip would be great.

I've been curious since I sold my 2013, what's the user experience with V10 in the early, non-AP cars? In other words, which V10 features have been rolled out, and what works?

Spotify, joe mode, hungry, lucky

Everything seems to work fine for me and I havent noticed any bugs. I did however notice my whm going up but not sure that has anything to do with V10 but more to do with the weather and temperature change

Yes, exactly, remember, we have a Tesla, and it is insane fun (at the expense of tires), the fun part is that the longer you wait to upgrade, the more features you will get. Shoot me if will ever get a new Tesla, let the playboys take the devaluation hit, in 2022 I am getting a 2019:)

All these odes to Spotify and an extra game on the 17" are just icing on the cake. We already have the cake!

I am happy with my 2014 S 85, until the used Long Range Ravens come down in price. It will be awesome to drive Houston to Dallas without charging.

Even if a retrofit MCU 2 kit happens in the future, it will be hard for me to justify anything over $200-300. You would have to be a huge game fan

Reactions: bmah
I love my 2014 P85+. Killer suspension, still fast and quick, and a DEEP frunk. Don’t need Netflix or games, would prefer if TESLA would pay a little more and get xM categories back. And phone integration I agree is poor.

Absolutely agree. Three things that will make me keep my AP1 until the wheels fall off:

-Rear wheel drive only (much bigger frunk and no motor noise coming from front)
-Yacht floor (much cleaner and useful to me that the console)
-Nosecone (minor damage to the front much easier to fix)

Reactions: Alysashley79
I am happy with my 2014 S 85, until the used Long Range Ravens come down in price. It will be awesome to drive Houston to Dallas without charging.

Even if a retrofit MCU 2 kit happens in the future, it will be hard for me to justify anything over $200-300. You would have to be a huge game fan

Exactly how I feel. My AP 1.0 equipped 2015 P85D+ does 95% of the things the AP2.0+ Model S can do. It has more performance than 99% of the cars on the road. I definitely like the increased range, Sentry Mode, and adjustable mode suspension of the Raven... but the $60,000+ CO$T to add these features isn't worth it IMHO.

Oh and I'd lose our free Supercharging and the Plus Suspension too...

Reactions: seclinton