Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S60 Battery Degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently purchased a used 2014 MS60. Have ran the battery to below 10% and charged back to 100% 3 times in attempt to recalibrate and the max range I get is 168 miles. The car has 73K miles. Is a 19.3% battery degradation normal over 5 years and that many miles?

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 153
You can see stats since the last charge on the dash, how many KW's you have used miles and AVG watts. 313 is pretty good. Other posters may know but i thought the 60 was a software locked 75 but that may not be the case for older models.

Sorry for the zombie bump, but I've been looking at a used S60 that has almost the exact same stats -- 2014 that shows about 160 miles at 100% charge after ~70k miles. Owner told me he took it to SC who said there's nothing abnormal...so it doesn't sound like they're keen on replacing the battery. Wondering if the OP in this thread or anybody else has thoughts.

My quick Googling shows this seems far below average for a car with that mileage, so I'm obviously concerned. The price reflects the range (and a couple cosmetic things), so it would be a pretty great deal. That said, the battery is obviously the most critical and expensive part of the car so I'm trying to get as much info as possible. I've also have Tesla do a pre-purchase inspection were I to buy it, but sounds like they're not likely to admit any fault on that issue.