TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2014 MS60 studder, surging

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Lpotter86, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Lpotter86

Lpotter86 Member

Between 30ish and 35ish mph usally while holding speed the car surges alittle bit like rapidly tapping and letting off the gas pedal. Enough that even my Wife said something about it. 21k miles. Any Ideas?

I'm in Mid Michigan so I cant just zip on down to a service center.

2. green1

green1 Active Member

As it's a Tesla, you probably have little choice but to talk to the service centre.

Best guess (and it really is just a guess) the accelerator pedal sensor is dirty and not giving good readings to the computer. But it could also be something in the inverter/motor leading to inconsistencies at those speeds/power draws.

3. Lpotter86

Lpotter86 Member

Thanks for the reply. Im not overly worried about it. I bought the car CPO and have started a little list of things that need attention and this is gonna be one of them.

4. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

I'd make sure a throttle issue is at the top of that list and have it looked at soon.

5. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Check your floor mats. Also never put a floor mat on top of a floor mat.

6. Lpotter86

Lpotter86 Member

Tesla picked up the car for service. Called and told me they are replacing the drive unit.