TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2014 P85+ (CPO)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by OCP85+, Mar 17, 2018.

1. OCP85+

OCP85+ Member

#1 OCP85+, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    2014 Tesla Model S P85+ (Performance Plus). Located in Orange County, CA. I bought this CPO from Tesla 1.5 years ago and love it. Selling because my family is growing and my wife is done with me not letting the kids in it. So I compromised...we're getting an X (for the wife and kids) and 3 (for me)! Car is in truly excellent condition. No dents, door dings, scratches, curb rash, etc. Seats like new (rarely have passengers :)). Accident free. Details and pics below.

Price: $61K
    Miles: 27K
    Warranty:
    • CPO warranty for another 2.5 years or 35K miles
    • 8-Year/Unlimited Miles Battery and Drive Unit Warranty
    Specs:
    • Solid Black Paint
    • All Glass Panoramic Roof
    • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    • 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
    • Tesla Red Brake Calipers
    • Black Performance Leather Seats (alcantara inserts and red piping)
    • Carbon Fiber Décor
    • Light Alcantara Headliner
    • Performance Plus Package
    • Tech Package (incl parking sensors)
    • Smart Air Suspension
    • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
    • Premium Interior Lighting
    • Dual Chargers
    • Supercharger Enabled (FREE supercharging)
    • VIN 5YJSA1H13EFP35072
    • No Autopilot (this is a pre-AP build)
    • RWD
    Accessories, etc:
    • XPEL PPF full front end and mirrors (cost $2K+)
    • Spectra photosync tint on all glass (cost $1K+)
    • Tesla all weather mats (incl frunk and trunk)
    • Abstract Ocean LED upgrade (all interior, frunk, trunk and license plate lights)
    • Interior screen protectors
    • Probably other little things I'm forgetting

P85 front.jpg p85 front 2.jpg p85 side.jpg p85 int 1.jpg p85 int 2.jpg p85 int 3.jpg P85+ Spec Sheet.jpg

• Like x 3
  2. marcebahn

marcebahn Member

A new model 3 runs $50+ so why not keep this and get the X?

• Like x 1
  3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

That's exactly what I was going to ask! The P85+ is an awesome vehicle. Why not just keep it? The M3 will never live up to a P85+ unless you just want a smaller, slower car. ;)

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  4. Tes99

Tes99 Member

Model 3 is one of the cheapest ways to get autopilot at this point until the 2015s come down in price more.

• Like x 2
  5. Fuhrman2408

Fuhrman2408 Member

Yep, that’s probably why, especially for a SoCal driver. I’m in The same boat as really wanting AP for my all freeway commute. It’s the only reason that I ever considered the M3.

6. marcebahn

marcebahn Member

What about a trade into Tesla? This will offset taxes and reduce the M3 cost.

7. OCP85+

OCP85+ Member

Getting the X now and I’m taking my wife’s ICE until the 3 is ready. Don’t really care about AP (don’t need it for my commute and I enjoy driving) but my wife will probably use it some.

• Like x 1
  8. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

Nice Car!! I'm like you, kids in the car?? No way, they'll make a mess, good thing I don't have any :D

9. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Ok, so if you don't care about Autopilot, what features of the Model 3 are pushing you to sell the P85+?

10. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

the P85+ is the Red Ryder of Model S's

• Like x 1
  11. hurjio

hurjio Member

This doesn't apply in CA.

• Like x 1
  12. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

So you want to sell this because your wife was tired of you not letting the kids get into it, so you're going to buy a model x and change that???

13. OCP85+

OCP85+ Member

Quick shots after recent chrome delete with satin black. Combo of vinyl and dip, all easily removable. Love the look personally.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  14. OCP85+

OCP85+ Member

Finally got around to buying the wife a family car (unfortunately, she chose the XC90 over the X :rolleyes:). Going to list this soon on the usual sale sites...until now I’ve only listed here. Will drop the price at least a few grand when I do...still need to research the market some. PM me with any reasonable offers.

15. Sunshine State

Sunshine State Automotive Enthusiast

The trade value to Tesla would shock someone hoping to retail their used Tesla. There are better options like Vroom paying extremely high prices IMHO, but without sales tax credit.

• Like x 1
  16. OCP85+

OCP85+ Member

Price drop: $55K.

17. jlake

jlake New Member

Hello OP; I believe I am currently in the processing of purchasing your car (via Carvana) - finding your listing is helpful as it helps give details Carvana certainly is not listing. I'm curious, if the CPO is still available, or perhaps you had it cancelled? This will be my first Tesla and I'm super excited...should take delivery tomorrow or Friday!

18. cellphonechris

Per Tesla policy, the CPO warranty does not apply once the car is purchased by a 3rd-party dealer (Carvana in this case). Remainder of factory warranty still does. You also would not be able to purchase an ESA under this policy, but some have gotten lucky.

The CPO warranty is only transferable for a private-party sale, for a fee (~$200).

19. jlake

jlake New Member

Thanks for the info. I wasn't holding my breath on the CPO warranty anyhow, I know the car will have the factory battery/motor warranty...and this particular vehicle has very low miles.