Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 for sale, Still has some Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again,
I'm back to see if there is any interest in my P85. It still has ~8200 miles left on the Limited warranty. you have 22 1/2 months to use those miles. The battery/drive unit warranty is good until June of 2022. The car is in great condition as you can see by the pics. My new asking price is $35,000 obo. I drive it daily so the miles will continue to add up(45 mi round trip commute daily).

Stick to your price. I spent a lot of time researching used Model S' last year and purchased one on this forum. The price was on the high side and several thousand more than other P85's listed at the time. The condition and the warranty matters. People are too focused on the price and gloss over condition of the car. My friend was a bargain shopper and bought one of the cheapest P85's listed on the forum just a few months after I purchased mine. Our experiences couldn't be more different. I've had few problems with mine. Transaction was easy, best car I've ever owned. His car broke down on the 1200 mile drive home. He had to fly home and had to have the car hauled back. He had to pay several thousand out of pocket to cover repairs not covered by warranty. In the end, we both wound up paying similar costs out of pocket.

It sounds like you have a floor price and if you're still happy driving the car, just drive it. You have a good bargaining position and you have a good idea of what your options are (carmax, autotrader, etc.).

Hello Emaz,
I live in So Cal, about 30 miles west of from Palm Springs. Black interior really isn't an issue when you can pre cool your cabin. The only issue I have had in the last 30,000+ miles(aside from the MCU bubble previously mentioned) is my 12 volt battery needed replacement this past October(~$200 if not covered under warranty). Not having a warranty might be more of an issue than the miles(Check out X-Care for a third party EV warranty). An EV motor has very few moving parts, so lots of miles isn't really a factor you have to worry about. Good luck, I hope you can joiun the Tesla Family soon:)

Moderator, please close this listing. Interest seems to be nonexistent.
Thank you

If you really want to sell it, don't give up. Strange that you haven't found a buyer yet. Maybe the market has gone down faster lately. Maybe people get scared away by it being almost out of warranty (I would be) or the high mileage or the lack of AP... who knows...

Yes, the car is still for sale. When I first listed the car, it was priced towards the higher end of a private sale. KBB and Edmunds price mileage like an ICE car even though mileage doesn't affect EVs the same way. I haven't checked blue book since the original post. I am assuming that I am still in the middle range for a private sale.