Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 Gets a 2017 facelift using OEM parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of. I get most of my service done in Michigan . I gave a list to both SC in Cleveland and got ignored multiple times after the initial "this won't fit your car and we won't service or warranty the parts"
Same thing in Toronto when I gave them the list.
Emails and phone calls got ignored after that

Are the frunk plastics different and not interchangeable on the rwd only cars?

If you have a ‘D’ awd model wouldn’t the new plastic trim fit?

Yes, this is outlined earlier in this thread. They are different, so you would have to switch to the new smaller frunk (why would anyone give up that space without a front motor) and all the new plastic surrounds.

Also, does anyone know if the bonnets ‘D’ latch can be cut off a pre-facelift bonnet and welded/fitted to a facelift bonnet?

You can weld just about anything, so I am fairly certain this can be done. However, to my knowledge, no one on this forum has done it yet.

Yes, this is outlined earlier in this thread. They are different, so you would have to switch to the new smaller frunk (why would anyone give up that space without a front motor) and all the new plastic surrounds.

Sorry, I think you miss understood my question.

I know the RWD models have a smaller frunk and would need changing.

My car is a P85D AWD so already has the smaller frunk like the facelift cars, so my question is will the facelift plastic trim panels that surround the frunk fit the P85D?

As that way I can just facelift the bumper and frunk plastics, then potentially remove the prefacelift ‘D’ from the bonnet and weld it to the facelift bonnet in the correct location.

Hope that’s more clear :)

Sorry, I think you miss understood my question.

I know the RWD models have a larger frunk and would need changing to a smaller one.

My car is a P85D AWD so already has the smaller frunk the same as the facelift cars, so my question is will the facelift plastic trim panels that surround the frunk fit the P85D?

As that way I can just get the facelift bumper and frunk plastics, then potentially remove the prefacelift ‘D’ from the bonnet and weld it to the facelift bonnet in the correct location.

Hope that’s more clear :)