Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 Gets a 2017 facelift using OEM parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, I'll probably keep the side skirt since I'm not going to change the rear bumper and they seem to fit it better than all white.

The headlights work 100% as well. there are a couple of options now to make it work. I personally purchased a pair with a modified control module since I don't like too many aftermarket parts hanging around in the frunk.

I did the side skirts and plan on doing the rear due to fact that it also makes the car appear lower since the paint would show better than the black trim.

If you look at your pics the front bumper appears to be lower than the side. But it’s just the white vs black

@Neil Comer - Underbite is not a part - Is the final look you get on your car because the chrome V shape shows more due to the hood being shorter on the center of the pre-facelifted model.
underbite.PNG

url

Pre-facelift hood:

Here's a link to the parts spreadsheet that was put together by some of the forum members.
Model S - Bumper Refresh Parts List

Here's some photos of before/after with the bumper gap filler. You can see it just below the hood line.
Note: I sell these for $100 free shipping. Just PM me.

View attachment 575784

Before
View attachment 575783

After
View attachment 575781
View attachment 575782

Thanks for all the great info on this thread. @TheCharlesChen The Bumper Refresh Parts List is perfect and very useful tool to plan and execute this project.

I have a titanium pre-refresh 2016 MS1 and wanted some advice on the bumper to get. It will be almost impossible to get a facelift bumper in titanium, would it work if I got a used bumper off ebay that is in a different color and have the body shop prime it and paint in titanium? There are some ebay seller selling reconditioned bumpers that are fixed up and primed for around $500 while on average for the used bumpers with scratches and dents are around $300. If going with a non-reconditioned bumper is there specific colors that would be better like white or silver vs black or midnight silver?

Has anyone used the X T emblem with the S assembly and the gap filler piece that @TheCharlesChen has designed? From a few pictures I have seen in other threads the X emblem is larger and extends from the bottom of the V to the hood and might work better in covering the gap. Any issues with attaching the X T emblem to the S assembly and gap filler?

Anyone in the bay area willing to help and advice (for a fee) the bumper refresh assembly would be very welcome! Please PM me...

Thanks for all the great info on this thread. @TheCharlesChen The Bumper Refresh Parts List is perfect and very useful tool to plan and execute this project.

I have a titanium pre-refresh 2016 MS1 and wanted some advice on the bumper to get. It will be almost impossible to get a facelift bumper in titanium, would it work if I got a used bumper off ebay that is in a different color and have the body shop prime it and paint in titanium? There are some ebay seller selling reconditioned bumpers that are fixed up and primed for around $500 while on average for the used bumpers with scratches and dents are around $300. If going with a non-reconditioned bumper is there specific colors that would be better like white or silver vs black or midnight silver?

Has anyone used the X T emblem with the S assembly and the gap filler piece that @TheCharlesChen has designed? From a few pictures I have seen in other threads the X emblem is larger and extends from the bottom of the V to the hood and might work better in covering the gap. Any issues with attaching the X T emblem to the S assembly and gap filler?

Anyone in the bay area willing to help and advice (for a fee) the bumper refresh assembly would be very welcome! Please PM me...

Yes, I recommend buying a used bumper and having it repaired and painted to match. Much cheaper than buying new.

I don't have any experience with the X parts on the S. I just sell the gap filler until someone finds a better solution. I think most people have been happy with my part. It's important to keep water and dust out of the frunk.

• Love
Reactions: Solar40
Can’t remember who said that but I’m 99 percent sure that’s the case. It just doesn’t work with the gap filler. So it’s one or the other. Some people have upgraded the apron to the refresh but I’m almost sure the old one still works too. I’ll have to double check with@jobiggs24 on that.

Yes, I recommend buying a used bumper and having it repaired and painted to match. Much cheaper than buying new.

I don't have any experience with the X parts on the S. I just sell the gap filler until someone finds a better solution. I think most people have been happy with my part. It's important to keep water and dust out of the frunk.

The primed OEM bumper from Tesla is actually $480, IMHO a better option than buying a used bumper for around $300 on eBay and pay for shipping.

I bought a used facelift hood and had a body shop do the installs. They just got done, here is a only pic I got from them. They still have to paint the sensor caps.

tesla_facelift.png