Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 or 2013 P85+ please advise which one to buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps worth reading this so you can see what small things changed over time. Some things not obvious like the instrument display...

Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

Also I think there is a consensus that build quality slowly improved over the early years (2012 to 2015), if that's true a 2014 may be a better bet than a 2013, who knows :confused:

Oh and for what it's worth, i'd save the $12k and have the newer car. Think about as $12k depreciation someone else has paid for you, it will make it even sweeter to drive ;)

The miles are a moot point unless the lower Mile one has a drive unit issue hence the lower miles. When you drive them come to a complete stop all radio and heater/ac off windows up and floor it. Listen for a milling noise which will be noticeably different than the regular sound the drive unit will make. Remember, which ever one you choose you will still have 8 year unlimited mileage warranty on drive unit and battery so if there is an issue tesla should replace it at no cost.

Thanks for the tip. The P85+ had a different milling noise. It did not sound right. I end up picking the regular P85 it has a smoother drive and overall the saving of 12k made a difference.
Thank you all for the advice.