Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 with AP 2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I pulled the trigger on a what I thought was a 2014 P85 with autopilot (assumed AP 1.0). From what I've read that sounds like it's already a unicorn, but after talking with my Sales Advisor I was finally able to get higher quality photos and found out it's actually a P85+! The original photos were literally the size of a thumbnail so you couldn't see the badge.

I don't get to pick the car up until later this week, but now that I have the photos I was scouring them to look for any dents or scratches. But what I noticed was what appears to be the AP 2.0 side cameras. I don't think this is possible, so can anyone tell me what it could be?

3.jpg
6.jpg

Reactions: MC408
If this is a 2014 P85+, there is zero chance it has AP2. As was noted above, AP1 hardware was first delivered in September 2014. AP2 hardware didn't come out until October 2016, over two years later.

A 2014 P85+ with AP1 is definitely a rare breed. Only about 375 were built (counting both the P85 and P85+ models.) You may be interested in joining the "300" group here on TMC, and it would be great to add your VIN to the list of known cars.

If this is a 2014 P85+, there is zero chance it has AP2. As was noted above, AP1 hardware was first delivered in September 2014. AP2 hardware didn't come out until October 2016, over two years later.

A 2014 P85+ with AP1 is definitely a rare breed. Only about 375 were built (counting both the P85 and P85+ models.) You may be interested in joining the "300" group here on TMC, and it would be great to add your VIN to the list of known cars.

I think I will once I have her in hand. The vin is on there already but just noted as it's for sale, so I can update that info.

Congrats! Considering the + was a bonus , AP2 would be like hitting the lotto. I targeted the + suspension in my P85d, so for me, Ludicrous would have been my lottery surprise. haha.

Those days leading up to taking delivery are an obsessive and anxious time, enjoy it (if you can)!

Just drove her home yesterday and the car is in amazing condition so I'm extremely satisfied - especially considering what I bought it for. And it definitely has the AP 2 side cameras. As far as I can tell they are not functional though since I only have the option of looking at the rear camera.

There is a small paint chip right above the driver side side camera so I'm thinking maybe a rock hit the original side emblem/turn signal, then hit the body of the car. Then presumably Tesla replaced it with the newer part since that's all that was available.

Reactions: MC408