TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2014 P85?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by flynnstone, Dec 23, 2019.

1. flynnstone

flynnstone Member

I’ve been on the hunt for a 2017+ 100D, but haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for. I did come across a CPO - 2014 P85 with AP1, loaded with 45k miles for $43k. Does this sound like a decent deal? Wanting it to hold me over until i find a 100D.

2. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

It seems high to me, but we had a 2014 P85D and it was very reliable and a good performer. I forgot what we sold it for last year around this time, but it was not much more than what they're asking for the car you found (and since it was a P85D, it should have been worth more).

• Like x 1
  3. Alsaid

Alsaid Member

I have 2017 100D need to sell it if you interested PM me

4. flynnstone

flynnstone Member

Can you send me the details

5. Alsaid

Alsaid Member

I have PM you

6. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Active Member

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program so you're talking about a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't had the 70pt inspection done. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

7. flynnstone

flynnstone Member

Understood. That’s what i meant, but it’s just easier saying CPO instead of “preowned Tesla”.