Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been on the hunt for a 2017+ 100D, but haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for. I did come across a CPO - 2014 P85 with AP1, loaded with 45k miles for $43k. Does this sound like a decent deal? Wanting it to hold me over until i find a 100D.

It seems high to me, but we had a 2014 P85D and it was very reliable and a good performer. I forgot what we sold it for last year around this time, but it was not much more than what they're asking for the car you found (and since it was a P85D, it should have been worth more).

Reactions: flynnstone
Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program so you're talking about a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't had the 70pt inspection done. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program so you're talking about a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't had the 70pt inspection done. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

Understood. That’s what i meant, but it’s just easier saying CPO instead of “preowned Tesla”.