Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

2014 P85D sub zero question

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
got my, awesome, 14 P85D today, every option but back seats and love it...
Question is I have all 5 heated seats and windshield, but don’t see a steering wheel heat icon?
What up with that?

The earliest P85D cars with subzero don’t have the heated steering wheel. They introduced it around mid-December 2014. I missed it by a few days.

Reactions: JPUConn

whitex

Sep 30, 2015
Seattle area, WA
Thanks for the info. Mine is December 15, 2014 and has the heated steering wheel, so it must have been right on the border. Was also originally sold in Wisconsin so maybe the really cold climates got preference?
Yes, cold climates got it first while they used up non-heated steering wheel inventory on warmer climate deliveries. The spec at ordering time said nothing about heated steering wheel, so those in cold climates got an unexpected bonus. Once all production changed to heated steering wheel, the sub-zero description was updated to reflect it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Super Dude

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC