TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2014 P85D w/bumper conversion (feeler)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by brumate, Aug 4, 2018.

1. brumate

brumate Member

Hey everyone

Looking to put out a feeler on my 2014 P85D.

Powder coated gloss black wheels
    Vinyl wrapped reflective blue calipers
    Chrome delete
    Xpel wrap on entire front
    Ceramic coating on body and wheels
    Rear facing seats
    Ultra high fidelity sound
    Black Next gen seats
    Pano roof
    Carbon fiber interior and wing
    Custom built headlights with Lexus HID
    Bumper conversion
    Full ceramic tint
    47,000 miles

One of a kind Tesla. I haven’t seen anything else even remotely similar and it gets a ton of attention. I just bought another vehicle and don’t necessarily need two cars.

Thoughts on pricing?

• Like x 1
  2. brumate

brumate Member

Also has premium interior + cold weather package

3. Rdr4evr69

Rdr4evr69 Member

4. brumate

brumate Member

Not really sure - just wanted to put it out there and get an idea as to what people are willing to pay.

5. Wonderious

Wonderious Member

Does it have standard suspension or smart air suspension? What color is the interior?

6. brumate

brumate Member

Smart air suspension & all black interior

7. Rdr4evr69

Rdr4evr69 Member

Was the front bumper replaced due to an accident?

8. brumate

brumate Member

No, I have photos with the old bumper on it. I just hated the old bumper style and wanted the new style without paying an extra 30k.

9. Wonderious

Wonderious Member

Can you post window sticker? That will answer a lot of questions. How many owners?

• Like x 1
  10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Is this plus suspension ? Can u list build date ? Also looks to be non Luda ? ...realistically you won’t recover mods ...reasonable price is 68-72 ..,beyond that it will sit than you will compete with more lease returns P85Ds, P90Ds

11. Goinglongg

Goinglongg Member

I
    62-65; Luda add around 6k

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. brumate

brumate Member

What happened to the market? Back in April CPO’s were 75k minimum for a P85D and the cheapest PP listing I could find was around 70k. Seems like everything dropped around 10k in a few months?

13. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

There's a lot of them on the market right now. And your car has unique upgrades so it's going to be a special buyer. I doubt you will make any of the money you put into upgrades back.

14. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

This is the market reality... the cost of aftermarket upgrades are never recovered and Tesla will actually deduct if you trade-in.

15. rotaz

rotaz Member

Cars are never a good investment unless you have something special like GT3. I mod my cars expecting to take a loss on them and if you’re lucky get 50% back. You can always wait around for the right buyer to come along but you have to be patient. GL on the sale.

16. Sunshine State

Keep in mind the CPO P85D’s carry a 4/50k warranty which is worth more than the $4750 Tesla extended warranties. The CPO warranties have no deductible. A fair number should be about $5k below a comparable CPO car sold price, keep in mind the CPO’s prices drop quickly until sold. I hear silly comments on this forum about how private sale cars are somehow better than the cars Tesla is selling. CPO cars are just used cars that have been traded in on new cars by sellers who can’t be bothered with selling privately.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  17. skreemer7

skreemer7 Member

I bought a p85dl cpo for $66,300 plus $2500 delivery fee. Keep in mind I was counting the warranty for $4750, so my private party cutoff for my exact configuration was about $64,000. And that's with the ludicrous upgrade. Given your add ons, if yours had the L upgrade I would have probably been willing to offer you $68,000.

I just wrote a lengthy review on the cpo process and there's some information on pricing in there.

My extremely detailed CPO purchase and small S vs 3 comparison

• Like x 1
  18. cellphonechris

Private sales CAN be better, under certain circumstances:

- Excellent cosmetic condition
    - ESA eligible
    - Priced $5K or more below comparable CPO

Having received images of multiple CPO cars, in my experience those that are priced competitively are in rough shape. In addition to trades, CPO's can be lease returns, fleet cars, or former service loaners.

• Helpful x 1
  19. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

In near perfect condition :cool:

2014 TESLA MODEL S P85D CPO

20. Sunshine State

#20 Sunshine State, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Private sales CAN be better or worse,
    -There is no way to say that a private used car is in excellent condition or any better than the same private used car being sold by Tesla, every used car is different.
    -A private sale should be more than $5000 less to be equal in value because the CPO warranties cover more and don’t have copays
    -CPO cars can be better or worse and often are priced better because the sale isn’t an emotional one where the owner thinks his car is a unicorn.
    -I have traded in many cars that were absolutely perfect, some people may abuse cars but then sell them privately.
    -Tesla wholesales cars that have had collision damage, a private seller may not be happy with trade value and sell privately.

• Like x 2