Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85DL Blue / Black on Black Atlanta, GA Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Tesla Model S P85DL 77k Miles

I am selling my Tesla because I work from home now and no longer need this car. I just got it back from

the Tesla service center with a 100% clean bill of health and all updates done. The center screen was also just replaced with the updated one.

It does include the **free supercharging** for life so you essentially never have to pay a dime for fuel.

This car has every feature that was available at the time. It cost about $132,000 new. The car is still in

excellent condition and has only normal wear for the miles on it.

The color is Blue Metallic with Black on Black interior. A very sought after combination.

Extra options:
Ludicrous mode 0-60 sub 3 seconds

Air suspension

3rd row back seats

Autopilot

Premium sound w/ premium connectivity

Carbon fiber spoiler

New tires and alignment from Tesla less than 3k miles ago.

Updated to 4GLTE for data.

Asking $42,500 OBO Serious offers only. Due to Covid no joy rides, test drive is ok with serious buyer.

20210223_181441.jpg
20210223_181451.jpg
20210223_181505.jpg
20210223_181610.jpg
20210223_181707.jpg
20210223_181715.jpg
20210223_181516.jpg
20210223_181626.jpg
20210223_181703.jpg
20210223_181516.jpg

Attachments

• 20210223_181934.jpg
    20210223_181934.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 52
I "echo" the two previous comments above. Build date will confirm the possible + Suspension making it a P85DL+. A picture of the center screen where you can see the car and the P85D will confirm the Ludicrous upgrade because the current P85D badging doesn't. If you can get your paws on the Monroney Sticker and post it then that would provide some good information for us.

Since it's a 2014, it definitely has the + suspension.

Another question would be does it have the Cold Weather package (heated rear seats, mirrors, and windshield heaters. Only some early cars sold in the Northeast had the heated steering wheel. Eventually they all got it.

Since it's a 2014, it definitely has the + suspension.

Another question would be does it have the Cold Weather package (heated rear seats, mirrors, and windshield heaters. Only some early cars sold in the Northeast had the heated steering wheel. Eventually they all got it.

FWIW, I have yet to find a late 2014 P85D w/Subzero that does have a heated steering wheel. That's not to say such a creature doesn't exist but I've owned two 12/2014 P85D w/Subzero now and neither of them had it nor during all of my time shopping across years for those two cars did I find one that had it. I've heard that a select few cars destined for cold/northern regions received them but I've yet to see any evidence of this in the wild for myself.

• Informative
Reactions: P85D507 and Fiver
I was looking at the options and also forgot to mention the car has dual chargers and with the wall charger I have you can do a full 80 amps.

Point of clarification: A Gen 2 HPWC (High Power Wall Connector) is required along w/ proper installation (read: everything necessary for a 100A breaker) to be capable of delivering the full 80A that this car is capable of receiving. The new Gen 3 HPWC isn't capable of more than 48A. This is a really cool option to have if you ever think you would benefit from double the charge rate of ~60mph from home.

FWIW, I have yet to find a late 2014 P85D w/Subzero that does have a heated steering wheel. That's not to say such a creature doesn't exist but I've owned two 12/2014 P85D w/Subzero now and neither of them had it nor during all of my time shopping across years for those two cars did I find one that had it. I've heard that a select few cars destined for cold/northern regions received them but I've yet to see any evidence of this in the wild for myself.

Mine does.

Mine does.

As I was typing that I had a feeling that was going to be your response. lol Did you add yours or did a previous owner or is that how it came from the factory?

My overall point though was that they're super rare in this vintage vehicle and if you specifically filter out all cars that don't have that you may be looking for quite a while.
Or Gen 1 HPWC.

Good correction. I was thinking it but didn't type it.

OK, I will start, I really like the darker blue that this car is versus the newer blue color. It rewards you for keeping it clean, and in my opinion it is the nicest color. My first S was this color, and I miss it. More subtle than the current blue, and better looking than a black car for the careful observer.

Also on charging at 80A, beyond the older HPWCs any 80Amp J1772 station, so long as your J1772 to Tesla adapter isn't worn out, will also cover your 80a desires. I had one J1772 to Tesla adapter that got hotter than I like above 60 amps. If you look into the tesla ends and see quite a bit of silver worn off, (it might not be silver, but it looks like it) then don't charge at 80amps on that adapter. All my other ones seem perfectly happy to run at 80A though. (my home stations are all custom built by me 80A J1772 stations based on OpenEVSE controllers)

GLWS!

Reactions: HankLloydRight