Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Automobile Mag: 2014 Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: Around the Block

As we pull away from a stoplight, though, Zenlea echoes my disappointment. “I’m sure it records impressive 0 to 60 numbers (it does: 5.2 seconds, according to Porsche), but here in traffic it feels hesitant. It’s like the car is always thinking about how much gas and electric power to deliver. Give me a Tesla Model S instead. It actually responds to driver commands.” Clearly lots of Californians agree, as we pass Teslas constantly.

20150327_233449.jpg
saw this in Macau today, Porche e-hybrid

- - - Updated - - -

20150327_233527.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 76119

I shared the concern above - fearing Model S would have too few physical controls.

One bonus of the touchscreen interface in Tesla, and the big dash screen and software approach, is that Tesla allows a relatively high customization of the functions used through the steering wheel. What you need the most, you will probably be able to program into the steering wheel. Couple this with a lot of automatic stuff, including location-based automatics, it is a surprisingly smart solution.

Of course there are moments when the touchscreen is not as intuitive as a physical button would be, but on the flipside it also allows customization and constant improvement a physical interface would not...

I'm not saying Model S has the future nailed in this regard, but I'm pretty sure a Porsche Panamera definitely doesn't.

How far do the e-hybrid Panameras (really) go these days in fully electric mode? I think they have a 14.1 kwh battery (11 kwh usable). A max electric range of 31 miles seems really small for 11 kwh. Well, at least the Panamera does not look like a dog which takes a dump in your front yard anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: Snerruc