Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Q4 Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I want the Falcon first stage to successfully land on the barge tomorrow, I would caution you not to get your hopes too high. Tomorrows orbital trajectory is reportedly making the stage recovery harder than it was in the prior launch. As to unexpected good news for Tesla tomorrow on the earnings call, maybe, but likely not.

Yea my hopes on it being successful are tempered, the Lagrange point orbit is going to push the first stage harder and leave less margin for the boostback and landing. But there's that chance they may do it, and the excitement may ease Elon's hand and reveal some more of his cards.

Btw, a piece of the puzzle we're still missing is details on stationary storage. I think Elon mentioned late last year there would be an announcement of some sort in "a few months". We're due for some mention on that front given the 1/3 allocation of the gigafactory for this (albeit, the early GF ramp would be for cars). Obviously very possible we won't hear about it for a long time given the track record on "a few months", but it's possible.

Yea my hopes on it being successful are tempered, the Lagrange point orbit is going to push the first stage harder and leave less margin for the boostback and landing. But there's that chance they may do it, and the excitement may ease Elon's hand and reveal some more of his cards.

Btw, a piece of the puzzle we're still missing is details on stationary storage. I think Elon mentioned late last year there would be an announcement of some sort in "a few months". We're due for some mention on that front given the 1/3 allocation of the gigafactory for this (albeit, the early GF ramp would be for cars). Obviously very possible we won't hear about it for a long time given the track record on "a few months", but it's possible.

great point. I'd love to hear more about progress with this NEW emerging line of business

I remember JB's conference presentation about stationary storage. "We are all not thinking big enough"...

Once this becomes a top line and bottom line contributor with its own growth guidance, could reset Tesla/TSLA expectations

What other items could be discussed on the Conference Call?
- Battery cells supply agreement with Samsung SDI?
- China market situation?
- Some more information regarding satellites?

That's a spacex thing... not relevant to Tesla and won't be discussed on the call.

I would add that I hope they make the service announcement they have been promising regarding the "invisible love" comment at Detroit.

when is the conference call and earnings release?? everyone says somethin else??

I think the email that came out just after 4pm was incorrect, as it seems to indicate in past tense the release of the shareholder's letter. Most likely it was queued up to be released at a certain time via the TM investor website along with various embargoed market wire services, so the earnings call will probably still be 7:30pm ET.

I think the email that came out just after 4pm was incorrect, as it seems to indicate in past tense the release of the shareholder's letter. Most likely it was queued up to be released at a certain time via the TM investor website along with various embargoed market wire services, so the earnings call will probably still be 7:30pm ET.

Same email is up on the ir site, but no shareholder letter.

Tesla's message distribution system must have been operating on autopilot with no humans at the controls. Elon has warned us about the dangers of relying on artificial intelligence. :wink: