Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Q4 Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do realize that the other headquarters is right next door, right? He has like 30 minutes to walk next door. Not that it matters as the call can happen anywhere. But I am just saying...

When did Tesla become Fiat Chrysler Automobiles with HQ in Detroit and Turin but London for tax purposes and registering the holding company in Amsterdam ? :tongue:

Tesla HQ is in Palo Alto and Tesla Design is in Hawthorne next to SpaceX.

Nothing especially exciting in the report but my confidence is up seeing that they continue to be right on track. Model X coming along, GF for 2016, demand is not an issue. Something promising that the market might not realize for a while:

"Growth of sales, general and administrative expenses in Q1 will be more modest as we will be particularly focused on increasing operational efficiency. In total, our operating expense growth should slow significantly. We expect 2015 operating expenses to grow 45% to 50% annually, as compared to doubling in 2014."

Nothing especially exciting in the report but my confidence is up seeing that they continue to be right on track. Model X coming along, GF for 2016, demand is not an issue. Something promising that the market might not realize for a while:

"Growth of sales, general and administrative expenses in Q1 will be more modest as we will be particularly focused on increasing operational efficiency. In total, our operating expense growth should slow significantly. We expect 2015 operating expenses to grow 45% to 50% annually, as compared to doubling in 2014."

Yep. Great observations. Wonder if they'll be on time for the call. Starts NOW

ok. Here we go...

Defended Tom Zhu, but angry that sales teams told potential customers that charging is hard in China.

Wonder if that's related to the recent e-mail rumours.

Elons right, there's no misconception in Hong Kong, and Hong Kong is much more crowded than China in terms of people per SF. There's less parking and more high rises per SF in Hong Kong. Must have been an internal issue with incompetent execs.