Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 S Salvage won't update software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was off for 2 years and won't update. Tesla wanted a lot of $$ (3 hr min diagnosis and infotainment upgrade).

I have done a hard reset with no change.

My version is 9.0 (2018.50.6)

I can't connect to the app or streaming music.

You have to have 2019.40.2.3, or newer, for the car to be able to talk to Tesla and download software, use the app, etc:

So either you, or a hacker or Tesla, have to connect to the car via a cable and forcibly load a newer software version.

You have to have 2019.40.2.3, or newer, for the car to be able to talk to Tesla and download software, use the app, etc:
Tesla states 2019.40 is needed but mine on 2019.32.2.1 continued to work with the app after the update deadline. My understanding is that my fw version has both Hermes websocket vpn and openvpn both in the build.
Car was off for 2 years and won't update. Tesla wanted a lot of $$ (3 hr min diagnosis and infotainment upgrade).

2018.50 is the version many pre-AP2 owners wish they still had.

U should stay on the software your on if you update the car I bet you will have a bms issue and that will kill your car because tesla knows your car is salvaged or may have free charging and they can't let that happen because they want all your money