Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 S vs 2021 3. Or head vs heart.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck with your decision. Really comes down to what you like as you have to pay for it and drive it :) Let us know what you end up doing!!
Thanks for all the help! I will let you know the results but I can tell you after an afternoon of talking here I’m leaning towards the 3. As much I live the S, the 3 is still a great car, fun to drive and will probably result in less worry over the next few years.

Reactions: THXULTRA
do you feel like you notice a difference in comfort between the seats in the 2014 model S and the new model three?

I don't know if my butt-memory is that long, haha. If I recall, a lot of the early adopters coming from the plush luxury cars complained about the early S seats. I think they updated them shortly after I got mine. They didn't have near the bolstering on the thigh and torso they do now, which can be good or bad depending on your size and shape, I suppose.

I *can* say I don't like the seat in the 3. I'm not a "car person" so I don't know if it's just me or what, but I can't find any position that is comfortable on a long trip. One thing I do remember is that the seat on the S could be pitched much lower toward the front. On my 3, it feels to me like it's still pointed a little up, not even level, when it's at its lowest point. (or maybe the whole seat moves and the S allowed independent movement of the seat part? I can't remember...). I really liked not having that area on the floor in the middle totally empty.

I don't recall ever having any issue with any seat in any other cheap car I've driven prior to Teslas, haha. 90s Camry, late-90s basic Ram, 2000s Honda Pilot...all cloth seats, but also all bigger cars so 🤷‍♂️. Am I just old now and my body is more sensitive or are expensive seats just less comfortable but we like them b/c we're told they're better? haha :p