TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2014 Tesla Black Models P85+

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Michael Yao, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Michael Yao

Michael Yao Member

2014 Tesla Black Models P85+

I'm moving to New York this fall , so I'm selling my 2014 Tesla P85. I'm going to miss her =/.

The car was delivered early summer of 2014. Mileage is at 4,700. I've taken perfect condition of it, no blemishes on body. I swapped the wheels a month ago due to scratches (you guys all know the 21" rims are so easily damaged). No accidents, or oil changes too for that matter. You also get an awesome California plate "ELEKPWR".

I'm looking for a buyer at 102,500. The MSRP was 118,000. The KBB value of the car is around 97,000-99,000. The higher price is because the federal tax credit of 7,500 is still available as I haven't claimed it.

Features:
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    Tesla Red Brake Calipers
    Tech Package
    SmartAir Suspension
    Parking Sensors
    Fog Lamps
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound
    PaintArmor
    Grey Nappa Leather Seats
    Premium Interior Lighting
    Subzero Weather Package
    21" Grey Turbine Wheels

Thanks guys =)

List Date: 1/27/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2014 Tesla Black Models P85+
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $102,500.00 (Local Pickup Only)

buynowbutton.png
    --------------------------------------
    tesla-motors-club.gif
    vUKbbxsqR3jg.jpg
    nhA62emkhHgM.jpg
    5U2cpD7ghfFb.jpg
    qhSwMU8cT3sK.jpg
    e71y0uKt4fMN.jpg
    uaNuP48AZapW.jpg
    58h3bCx22nwy.jpg
    4HypgaRaQX1h.jpg
    dVYMfyKbnhs2.jpg
    Ev24vag4NwNr.jpg
    s1nfuzY7nhKA.jpg
    ZWjRx6ypYYea.jpg
    31r1315PYWKT.jpg
    rhH3vEgSDHns.jpg
    x8xUnchN7Uy5.jpg
    u6dE1t6Y5aNd.jpg
    uqGxwHxJrbHw.jpg
    vHPpzJ2gBdHr.jpg
    5xPdVKUt8BeA.jpg

2. spiderguy

spiderguy Member

Beautiful car; good luck at the sale. With regard to the unused federal tax credit, it was my understanding that the credit can only be claimed by the original purchaser of the car.

3. a0128

a0128 Member

Your understanding is correct. The credit can only be claimed by the original purchaser of the car.

4. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Yikes. Why haven't you claimed it? It's not too late!

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Yep - keep everything legal. Claim the credit and drop the price $7500. It will make this listing read much better price wise.

6. Michael Yao

Michael Yao Member

Huh, I guess you learn something new everyday.

IF that is true, new price of 97,000, doesn't include delivery or other fees.

Thank you guys for being so nice about this. I'll talk to my accountant this afternoon and see.

7. tga

tga Active Member

No it is not still available. The tax credit may only be claimed by the initial buyer who receives a Manufacturer's Cert of Origin, period, no ifs, ands, or buts. If you don't claim it, it is lost forever.

Why wouldn't you take it? The rules don't say you have to still own the car when you file your taxes, just that you can't have purchased the car for resale.

I would beware of claiming otherwise. IANAL, but I would assume that would open you up to fiscal liability.

Edit - Nevermind, others beat me to it. Don't forget about the state program - isn't it $2500 in CA? I don't know the details on that one.

BTW, what happened to this thread? I saw the initial ad, then it disappeared (the thread had 0 posts). Then it came back, with replies

8. Michael Yao

Michael Yao Member

Yup yup yup. I definitely don't want to be misleading, but I can't seem to be able to change the post. I'll fiddle around some more.

Regarding this thread disappearing, I think it bugged out. I contacted the moderator and he fixed it for me.

I've already claimed the state program one.