TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2014 Tesla Model S 85 - Build Thread

Discussion in 'Model S' started by xAgyex, May 16, 2018.

1. xAgyex

xAgyex Member

Recently purchased mud flaps because last winder the snow and salt was too much for me to handle. Not being able to wash the car often in winter, I have opted for mud flaps to minimize the dirt build up.

Purchased from Amazon: BASENOR Tesla Model S Mud Flaps Splash Guards(Set of Four) (Model S) - $45

Overall, not a bad buy. The front mud flaps definitely are made for a Tesla Model S. But the rear mud flaps might be for a Model 3, definitely not for a model S...I was however able to make it work by using 2 out of the 4 clips and by making the wholes wider. I don't think it is going any where and it will still get the job done. The rear mud flap wholes just don't line up at all...especially the bottom side/ underside hole. Took me 10 minutes to install the fronts, and about 30 minutes to install the rears. Only purchase these if there are less than $45...or maybe if used.

The S still looks clean, even with mud flaps...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. xAgyex

xAgyex Member

Just a quick post on whats new and whats been going on. I was able to install my roof rack and go snowboarding in PA with no issues. This S is now more like an S75 due to the battery degradation, but still works great. In cold weather with roof rack and snowboard on top I was able to average 410 Wh/Mi on my trip, not bad considering the heat was blasting the whole time. I did stop to charge but I didn't need to stop, I did it just because there was a super charger on my way...so why not.

Something so interesting is that now that I am out of warranty, I just love driving this car even more.

====================================================================================
    Warranty expires: May 2022 or 91,459
    Current mileage: 95,670
    Warranty expires at mileage: 41,459 + 50,000 = 91,459 - current mileage = ‭-4,211 miles

====================================================================================

[​IMG]

Also now added the CAN bus Bluetooth reader to start logging and learning more about the battery and its state. Its nice to have the info on the health of the car as a whole. Purchased it from the German company E-Mobility. Works great.

diagnostic adapter cable Pre Facelift ModelS (~07-09/2015) - EMDS

I also got a Fire HD 10 tablet. But I would recommend you get a Google or Samsung tablet...so you don't have to dump through hoops to install google play store to get the required app "ScanMyTesla".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  3. xAgyex

xAgyex Member

I recently got an update from the Service Center saying that when they replaced my MCU1 with the re-manufactured one they used the below 64gb...but my MCU1 still has many issues of freezing, glitches, and randomly shutting down even during mid drive.

updated 64gb chip in it, ‘emmc-s0j58x

4. rickyjb

rickyjb Member

Cool, not seen that fleet CAC check before , did you request this specifically from tesla ?

5. xAgyex

xAgyex Member

I believe you can ask the service center to do that check the next time you are in, but maybe they wont provide that as it is more of a tool that they use to validate the battery. I have an insider so...

• Informative x 1