Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S 85 - Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I clocked 61,000 miles. Ok maybe I drive too much. Since getting my Model S, I love going on road trips and or any chance I get to drive it I do. To those who say you can live with an electric car, I say "you are dead wrong". The Model S is just been an amazing vehicle. I will slow down the driving if I can, but I live more than 60 miles one way to my office, soooo kind of hard. I do wish I had the Model S sooner, as traffic has aged me so much. With the Model S my stress levels in traffic and on the road is just soooooooooo much less, that it probably would have been a smart idea to invest in my health sooner.

Warranty expires: May 2022
Warranty expires at mileage: 41,459 + 50,000 = 91,459 - current mileage = 30,459 miles remaining

5yS6AzX.jpg

Reactions: canasion35 and Evee
It has been a while since posting. I have not done much but drive the heck out of my S. But today received a replica Gotham/Jcsportline Carbon fiber spoiler. Definitely glad I got this one from Amazon. it looks amazing. Just took for ever to get from overseas seller.

Will post again when installed. But seriously save your money and get this spoiler its perfect.

Gotham/Jcsportline Carbon fiber spoiler - $210

Current mileage: 67,876

Warranty expires at mileage: 41,459 + 50,000 = 91,459 - current mileage = 23,583 miles remaining

P18iw87.jpg

Well hit another milestone crossed into 80,000 miles. I love driving her too much. I guess I will be out of warranty soon. Not going to let that bother me and I will keep driving her.

BgxKYwv.jpg

Some stats. At 100% charge I get 247 rated miles/285 ideal miles
YNwYL4k.jpg

YAABPHg.jpg

gfpb43x.jpg

Added this carbon steering wheel cover from Amazon
zztMT80.jpg

Swapped for winter wheels and tires and then got these errors.
I simply re-ran the "Wheel Configurations", exited the car, locked it and repeated this twice to get the warnings to go away.
sK6arOx.jpg

Reactions: mambro
Recently rented this 2018 Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor from a friend on Turo. Really like the Model 3 but cant wait for the Model Y. Just wanted to post some things below about it.
Zb5nDGz.jpg

kOoslIN.jpg

I rotated the tires for my friend. It was super easy, just did Front to Back. No crisscrossing.
1. Created the Jack Pad. Check out the article below:
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/diy-lift-jack-pads.7397/
0flPt91.jpg

gJ9IDK8.jpg

VMBcBAP.jpg

2. Created this cool little pin to remove the 19 inch wheel caps
LC9fPN6.jpg

gzrxmWq.jpg

3. Removed wheels and swapped them.
rUoDg3j.jpg

ius8ZL9.jpg

Z0gsAI8.jpg

uCfqwsA.jpg

4. Torque down lug nuts to 129 ft/lbs
poDrbG8.jpg

qmg7WeG.jpg

Happy New Year all. Wow 2020 is here. We are officially in the future. Just wanted to make an update...It has been over 1 and a half years since getting my Model S and every day I get in it I have so much fun.

Current mileage: 80,819 (as you can tell now, I am slowing down how often I drive it...just so I can get the most out of my warranty.)
Warranty expires at mileage: 41,459 + 50,000 = 91,459 - current mileage = ‭10,640‬ miles remaining (GETTING CLOSE)

Back in 2010 I was driving a 1995 Honda Civic with a B16a2 swap...and I loved that car, one of my favorite cars ever. Then I graduated to an S2000 in late 2011. In 2020 I am now driving the future versions of that Honda Civic (yes not even a close comparison), but as you can see below, I like black cards with chrome accents...hahaha

lEdaZUr.jpg

Recently also added this very nifty magnetic mount (APPS2Car), that allows me to mount and dismount my iPad Air 2. My work around for having an older MCU1 AP1 car. My son and I can watch netflix at supercharger now without a worry. Plus I don't have to worry about Premium Connectivity since I have free phone hotstop.

pq9Vp2H.jpg

Gvn1Ixo.jpg

75y3ogT.jpg

3zd4Slu.jpg

Sometimes I moved to the back during supercharging to hangout with my son and the mount is super easy to move over.

srRRBE4.jpg

aGplrwe.jpg

Well finally got told by the nice police officer to put on a front license plate. So...No drilling front license plate mount for AP1 Nose Cone Model S. I know this is not new but I wanted to share. AutoPilot 1 works perfectly fine with no issues at all.

I used the:
Tesla provides stock front mount. Normally they want you to 3M it or drill holes.

2 Hooks (J hooks) with bolts

A roll of foam with adhesive backing. I used the foam for all areas that made contact with paint. To help protect it from rubbing.

Total cost: less than $10.

hx7ejpW.jpg

F5MjlQV.jpg

XDDzfjv.jpg

UyJgnOr.jpg

UlcThHU.jpg

tvuKjf8.jpg

Well the time is finally here, I gave up caring about the warranty. I am going on a long road trip form Maryland to San Francisco toLos Angeles then back to Maryland.

uZ6X7sg.png

=====================
Before the trip I:
-Checked my tires. Opted to use my summer Michelin Pilot sport 3 tires as the weather will be above 50 degrees F most of the time. If it snows, i will just park it and wait it out. Also checked that tires were all at 45 PSI...you can go up to 48 PSI if you want less rolling resistance.

-Purchase Road Warrior Plus Paint Protection Film from amazon and will paint it onto the hood and front bumper and some of the front of the fenders.

-Purchased a mattress (Better Habitat SleepReady Memory Foam Floor & Camping Mattress) for the trunk so I wont stay at any hotels.

=====================

I will update this post as I drive across. Wish me luck.

Wow, such a nice log of your car! I enjoyed reading your Tesla diary.
I had a US roundabout road trip with 2014 Prius, and it was painful driving all the way. I'm absolutely sure that you would enjoy having road trip with autopilot.
How is your supercharging speed? I've seen too many (including myself) cases of the throttled speed of SC.

Wow, such a nice log of your car! I enjoyed reading your Tesla diary.
I had a US roundabout road trip with 2014 Prius, and it was painful driving all the way. I'm absolutely sure that you would enjoy having road trip with autopilot.
How is your supercharging speed? I've seen too many (including myself) cases of the throttled speed of SC.

kaidou, definitely looking forward to autopilot helping me a lot. Definitely not looking forward to 30 minutes+ of SuperCharging at each stop. I noticed throttling at some stations, but overall I have see over 100 kW when my SOC is low.