Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S - how could you even get into crash like this? (NSFW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This car looks to have been on top of transport trailer and then hitting an overpass.

Very doubtful. Look at the driver and passenger doors. They are bowed out. If it'd hit an overpass like that the roof would have been sheered off. In the case of the S the doors are not connected to the roof by anything other than glass, so the glass would have broken and the actual doors would have been fine.

- - - Updated - - -

here's one that looks like it caught on fire. I dunno if this was the same one that media reported like a year ago. Salvage 2012 TESLA TESLA for sale. VIN: 5YJSA1DPXCFS00389

I'd guess it's one of the battery fires since the one picture with it on a life they're pointing to something under it in the battery area.

I've never seen a vehicle that hit a moose without the hood having some damage to it.
16fcf77b828cfdad171959198648d184.jpg

Wow - 1% total with an average life of 1 year? That would equate to a $1000 a year insurance just for the complete loss portion without any profit.

No 1% per annum loss is not normal. Even 0.5% is not. I don't know real numbers of course but totaling a near $100k car should be a rare event especially since they are driven mostly by responsible adults.