Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S P90++ - UNIQUE: Most powerful RWD Tesla in the world

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish the seller the best of luck with his sale. I have been reading the comments and I just don't understand the benefit of spending more to buy an older slower car without warranty than you can walk into Tesla and buy new. I can see the enjoyment of doing the work yourself to get satisfaction by seeing the results of your effort and labor but the next buyer doesn't gain anything from that.

Then design your own controller and sell that.

I am, but not for this type of project. I've a controller going up for sale for controlling drive units soon. Unfortunately the drive units will require initial hacking, so, will only be selling bundles.

I wish the seller the best of luck with his sale. I have been reading the comments and I just don't understand the benefit of spending more to buy an older slower car without warranty than you can walk into Tesla and buy new. I can see the enjoyment of doing the work yourself to get satisfaction by seeing the results of your effort and labor but the next buyer doesn't gain anything from that.

This isn't for someone looking to buy a P100D or whatever. This is for someone who wants to own the most powerful rear-wheel drive Tesla in the world... complete with the ability to disable traction control. :D

I am, but not for this type of project. I've a controller going up for sale for controlling drive units soon. Unfortunately the drive units will require initial hacking, so, will only be selling bundles.

This isn't for someone looking to buy a P100D or whatever. This is for someone who wants to own the most powerful rear-wheel drive Tesla in the world... complete with the ability to disable traction control. :D
That's the point, if someone wants the most powerful rear wheel drive Tesla, for that money why wouldnt they want more and limit their performance? Why wouldn't they go all the way and buy the most powerful Tesla, a P100D, have a full warranty and then still have enough cash left over to buy a new base rear-wheel drive Corvette with traction control that can be shut off :cool:

Last edited:
Tesla doesn't sell a rear wheel drive Model S. And the last time they did it was a slow non-P 75.
Exactly, the most powerful is the P100D. Rear wheel drive cars just can't stay with the P90D and P100D all wheel drives. Just a little correction the last RWD was the S75 and is still in final production, although ordering has now stopped the last faster ones are still being built and are about the same speed as the S90D, S100D and the origional RWD P85.

Last edited:
The comments here lead me to believe that just as "if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it", if you have to ask why a person would want this car rather than a brand new high performance Model S, you aren't the market for this car.
Most people who have enough cash to buy expensive toys have that money by understanding the value of things. I'm questioning the premium price of a vehicle that has less performance and equipment than an already overpriced brand new one with a warranty

Personally, I think someone needs to start a real Tesla tuning company. I’m tired of “unplugged performance” and all these companies who make nothing but body kits and have no real performance upgrades. Every driver’s car made in the last 50 years has had a plethora of performance upgrades for it including ECU tunes, suspension, etc. So far Saleen is the only one to have come close to this and they didn’t even tune the motor at all.

Why not start a little side business tuning P-whatever-Ds? I bet there’s more than one Model S owner (and soon to be Model 3 owners) who would fork over a few grand for some performance gains.
I agree I would pay. I hope who ever buys this car can copy what has been done to it and starts a shop or something to let other people mod there's.

Again, the cost of doing these modifications is substantial. It's not just a matter of tweaking some settings or swapping components. A lot of work has been done to get this car to where it is now, both in hardware and software.

As for external control of Tesla drive units... I probably will not have a thread or anything here about that, since I don't plan on becoming a vendor or anything on TMC. So, just keep an eye out on my Twitter, Youtube, and projects site for updates on that.

• Informative
Reactions: BigD0g
I agree I would pay. I hope who ever buys this car can copy what has been done to it and starts a shop or something to let other people mod there's.

I think anyone that could "copy" what's already been done on this car probably doesn't need a donor car to "copy" from and can just do it on any car they want to. It's not like a bolt-on turbcharger or remapping the ECU.

Reactions: JHawk
Again, the cost of doing these modifications is substantial. It's not just a matter of tweaking some settings or swapping components. A lot of work has been done to get this car to where it is now, both in hardware and software.

As for external control of Tesla drive units... I probably will not have a thread or anything here about that, since I don't plan on becoming a vendor or anything on TMC. So, just keep an eye out on my Twitter, Youtube, and projects site for updates on that.

Reference for Twitter YouTube and projects site?