Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla P85 Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
Latest Summon Feature

Fair price in my opinion. I don't see the big deal with the 19" wheels. I prefer the look of the 21" wheels, but prefer the ride of the 19" wheels. I currently have a deposit on a similar CPO P85 with autopilot through Tesla (I'm just waiting for them to value my trade). The Tesla CPO I have a deposit on has a few more options (Tan leather/alcantara seats, air suspension, rear facing seats {that I don't want}, premium interior lighting, subzero package, glossy wood interior, alcantara headliner) but I am paying $5600 more. If I could be more patient and just sell my current vehicle outright(2015 Audi Q5 TDI) , which I don't think would be difficult, then a private party sale would be an option for me. But after waiting patiently for years to buy a Tesla, after making the decision to go ahead and get one patience is not my thing right now. I had originally said I would get one in 2017, but I test drove one over the new year and just decided I would only be two years older in 2017. =)

John

Fair price in my opinion. I don't see the big deal with the 19" wheels. I prefer the look of the 21" wheels, but prefer the ride of the 19" wheels. I currently have a deposit on a similar CPO P85 with autopilot through Tesla (I'm just waiting for them to value my trade). The Tesla CPO I have a deposit on has a few more options (Tan leather/alcantara seats, air suspension, rear facing seats {that I don't want}, premium interior lighting, subzero package, glossy wood interior, alcantara headliner) but I am paying $5600 more. If I could be more patient and just sell my current vehicle outright(2015 Audi Q5 TDI) , which I don't think would be difficult, then a private party sale would be an option for me. But after waiting patiently for years to buy a Tesla, after making the decision to go ahead and get one patience is not my thing right now. I had originally said I would get one in 2017, but I test drove one over the new year and just decided I would only be two years older in 2017. =)

John

Thanks for your inputs. Hope you'll receive your Tesla soon.

John

Are the 21's you have on the car damaged? Why won't you just sell the car with the wheels it has on it - or tell everyone why you won't. Do the wheels on the car belong to someone else? This is a for sale thread and if you want to appear transparent you should tell us what's up.

I got a bigger question. Are you selling these cars with REBUILT TITLES? That would be a very important point to mention. You stated that you have sold a lot of cars here and this seems like an extremely good price. It wouldn't be with a REBUILT title. Just to clear the air!

Well in my opinion it is a good price. I paid the same for my P85 1 1/2 years ago, it was about the same list price and just about the same months old. But my car had 15k miles on it. If I was in the market and this was a 1 owner original title, I would buy it even with the replaced wheels. In fact I replaced my 21s for 19s immediately after getting the car

I believe that a Rebuilt title means that the damaged vehicle has been repaired and inspected. A salvage vehicle has been damaged but not repaired, and inspected.

Maybe someone on the forum with more experience and knowledge can comment.

I believe that a Rebuilt title means that the damaged vehicle has been repaired and inspected. A salvage vehicle has been damaged but not repaired, and inspected.

Maybe someone on the forum with more experience and knowledge can comment.

Taken from the interweb:

What is a salvage title? What is a rebuilt title?
A salvage-title vehicle has been declared a total loss by an insurance company and usually cannot be legally driven on the road. Once the car has been repaired and declared roadworthy, it will get a rebuilt title.
The amount of damage needed to declare a vehicle a total loss varies by state law, and ranges from 50 percent to 95 percent of the car’s value. In “total loss” states, each insurer decides when to declare a total loss.
There are several types of total-loss declarations. Some states have a “junk,” “scrap” or “dismantled” designation that prevents the most heavily damaged cars from being rebuilt and retitled. Some will issue flood- or hail-specific salvage titles. Eleven states issue salvage titles to stolen vehicles: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma and Oregon.
The exact definitions and terms vary by state, and many people use the terms interchangeably. Sometimes you may hear a salvage title or rebuilt title referred to as a “branded title.”
Any used-car purchase should include a check for branded titles. You can check for a salvage or theft report for free with the National Insurance Crime Bureau. For a minimal cost, you can uncover a wider array of title defects through affiliates of the government-run National Motor Vehicle Title Information System. Services such as Carfax and AutoCheck include registration, emissions and recall information as well.

I got a bigger question. Are you selling these cars with REBUILT TITLES? That would be a very important point to mention. You stated that you have sold a lot of cars here and this seems like an extremely good price. It wouldn't be with a REBUILT title. Just to clear the air!
None of them were rebuilt. I'm not the type of person who dare to venture into salvage business. These are all fresh CPOs.

Why does the ad not say that the car comes with 19's and not the wheels show in the picture?....that is sketchy.
I've downgraded the wheels, but Tesla didn't have those 19" in stock at the time. The strange thing was, after swapping out those 21", they put those wheels back in my car. Later I found out it was actually a promotion that they gave you an extra set of wheels for free.