Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 vs 2015 P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well since I am moving to a P85D I am losing my original deposit LOL.

Curious why the 2015 has lower Vin than the 2014 I am looking at. Options are 100% the same except Carbon interior. Neither car has + code that we know of.

14 is local
15 is across the country

14 has 30k miles
15 has 12k miles

Cost is 3000 more for the 15
Thoughts and opinions.

I'll be interested if they both have the staggered rims set-up. The 2014 P85Ds replaced the P85+ and kept the stagger rim set-up for awhile. 245s front and 265s rear. Eventually they went to 245s all around. I wonder if that is the case with the 2015 you are looking at.
At some point they went back to the staggered set-up. I test drove a P100DL recently and it was a staggered set-up.

I have a 2015 85D for 69,000 w/ only has 14k miles coming in. Pano and Tech are all it really has on the spec sheet plus AP1. It is in transit to Florida now.

The Ps we are now more interested in besides we both love power. AP1
1. Next Gen seats
2. Black Alcantara roof

Other options that it comes with that we are ok with but no biggie
21 wheels
SAS
Sound system
Carbon spoiler and interior
dual chargers
red calibers

Miles are the same on all of them. Its about 13.5k difference in price.

Last edited:
Curious why the 2015 has lower Vin than the 2014 I am looking at. Options are 100% the same except Carbon interior. Neither car has + code that we know of.

One of them isn't what they're being represented as. A 2015 can't have a lower production number than a 2014. Even if a car was held for 6 months for QE issues, it would still be the year of the date it was produced, not released from QE.