Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015-01-25: Planned establishment of "Charged HK" EV Society - as well as meet-up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
HK ELECTRIC VEHICLE OWNER MEET-UP - 25 January 2015:

This is going to be an important day, in the HK EV history:

CHARGED HONG KONG
- HK Electric Vehicle Society
charged.hk - 電動車.香港 (website not active yet)

On this very day, we intend to formalise our growing EV community, by establishing an organization with the purpose of promoting Electric Vehicles in Hong Kong, along with the supporting infrastructure for charging.

VENUE:

Gold Coast Yacht and Country club, 1 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, NT.

COVER PER PERSON (HKD):

Buffet: Adult 240$ - Child 190$
BBQ add-on: Adult +50$ - Child +30$

Includes 6 hour free parking and lucky draw with around 15 car related prizes worth 200-800 HKD each. With estimated 30 participants, there is a very good chance to win something.

The BBQ add-on means that apart from the normal buffet, there is also access to a BBQ outside.

SCHEDULE:

10:00a

- Exchange greetings, inspect each others cars including battle damage and modifications.

12:00a

- Lunch buffet, with optional BBQ
- Establishment of "Charged Hong Kong" - HK Electric Vehicle Society
- Lucky draw of various car related items
- Gifts for everyone from sponsors

2:30p

- Back to the cars, more car chat and general tyre kicking

Event is now full to capacity, so no further sign-ups can be accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 20 people signed up already (9 cars). Target was initially 30, but we will extend to maximum 50 participants for practical reasons.

Emails with more information, including location details and payment, will be going out shortly to those that signed up.

There are 20 people signed up already (9 cars). Target was initially 30, but we will extend to maximum 50 participants for practical reasons.

Emails with more information, including location details and payment, will be going out shortly to those that signed up.

12 cars, 24 people now. Better not get all the way to 50 but for sure, still room for more cars and participants.

We need to find one of the very rare green Model S in Hong Kong, then we will have a full line-up of colours (lest the various iterations of gray, white and red)

Brown
Silver
Gray
Gray Thunder (Roadster)

Blue
Black

2 x Red Sig
2 x Red
2 x White

My daughter just told me that she spotted a green one near home(Cloudview Road) this afternoon.

If you get a hold of them, please ask them if they like to join.

Having said that, we are already overbooked so as the deadline is less than 12 hours away, we can't really take (m)any more.

There are now 24 cars signed up, 59 persons (including kids and babies), all Model S except 1 Roadster and 1 BMW i3. No Leafs, Fluence, Zero or Segway EVs enlisted! And no i8 - that would have been creating interest though.

7 white, 6 red, 5 gray, 2 black and 1 of each of silver, brown and blue. Plus the BMW i3.

BUT NO GREEN!

Oh the irony, that a "green" auto maker don't sell a car that is ... ehm ... green!

wow full already.
I think next time better to find a place that can hold all members, now that more and more new members are joining each month, soon it be like BMWZone over 70 members come out each time

Last edited:
I think next time better to find a place that can hold all members, now that more and more new members are joining each month, soon it me like BMWZone over 70 members come out each time

Things will be easier once the organisation is established. At the moment, it is just individual people organising these things, and it is scary to make such a commitment (not to mention a huge personal investment in time). Thanks to Core for putting this one together.

there will be many people at Gold Coast on 25th
2015-01-19_145011.jpg

I may pop down there to have a look at the road show.

1) it is a coincidence
2) Tesla knew about Core's event
3) The Gold Coast people think that Core is from Tesla and that two events are actually one.

The last possibility will be quite scary

Apart from within our community, this is just a group of people having lunch - who happen to have a common interest in electric vehicles.

Neither of us knew of the other event. I decided it was time to gather the troops, and looked ahead a few weeks to find a Sunday I wasn't working myself. 25th was open, and so it went.

As I asked around if there was any interest for the club to take advantage of our presence to make it "EV day", I was kindly informed that Tesla Motors were having their own "event" the same day (and the day before, and the weekend after). I hadn't heard about it and looked on the website and sure enough - it was listed there under events (as shown above). There wasn't really any interest or support to brand this coming Sunday as "EV day", unfortunately. I do hope though, that some people will notice us and come have a chat about EVs in Hong Kong.

What better way than to ask people who own the cars, rather than sales people?

So that would be "possibility 1)" to the list lx3h came up with.

Last edited:
Anyone NOT signed up to this event (which is overbooked already), are welcome to join after 2:30pm.

You will have to pay your own parking - space available - at 24HKD/h. There are already a few who will be there in the afternoon only, feel free to PM me for details if interested.