Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015-01-25: Planned establishment of "Charged HK" EV Society - as well as meet-up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dashcam DVR installation was beautifully done. Very very neat and tidy, with everything hidden. Particularly impressed with the dual cameras in each wing mirror. The shop guy himself turned up, to demo the system, and sponsored a prize for the lucky draw. We also got to checkout the install in the car. A group buy discount is being arranged.

Are there any comments on the Dashcam people who where supposed to be there? I'm interested in this but I couldn't be there today.

I was quite impressed as well. I want to use their expertise in installing cameras and routing cables, but I want a different setup with LCDs, recording etc, and no touch screen. I hope I can buy those cameras (with install) separately, then "do my own stuff" so I get it precisely the way I want it.

Thank you Vmax, and for bringing "the other" EV - the only non-Tesla EV in our meet-up!

Electric Vehicles Bring Cleaner Air to Hong Kong

Electric Vehicles Bring Cleaner Air to Hong Kong | Charged Hong Kong

And a bunch of pictures of the event here:
Tesla Meet-up 25-1-15 - an album on Flickr

chargedhklogo.png

Electric Vehicles Bring Cleaner Air to Hong Kong

The formation of Charged Hong Kong promises to accelerate the adoption of plug-in electric vehicles in Hong Kong

HONG KONG – Seventy Electric Vehicle (EV) enthusiasts, along with their 30 EVs, celebrated on Sunday, 25 January 2015 the establishment of Charged Hong Kong, an association dedicated to supporting and accelerating the adoption of plug-in electric vehicles in Hong Kong.

“Electric vehicles are critical to improving air quality in Hong Kong because they are much more efficient and have minimal to zero emissions, as compared to conventional vehicles with internal combustion engines,” says Mark Webb-Johnson, newly-elected Chairman of Charged Hong Kong. “Charged Hong Kong will play an instrumental role in making it easier to operate and own an EV in Hong Kong,” added Mr. Webb-Johnson.

Charged Hong Kong will bring together EV owners and enthusiasts in Hong Kong to discuss and exchange ideas on promoting the use of EVs to replace conventional vehicles with internal combustion engines. The association serves to represent the collective views of EV owners to manufacturers, charging networks, the press, and the Hong Kong SAR Government.

“A mere five years ago, there were only seven private EVs in Hong Kong. As of the end of November 2014, there were 831, and new EVs are registered every day. That represents massive interest in this technology, but there are still significant barriers to owning an EV in Hong Kong, such as insufficient charging infrastructure.” explains Mr. Webb-Johnson. Other barriers cited by Mr. Webb-Johnson include manufacturer model availability, fair pricing, government incentives, protection of parking spaces allocated to EV charging, and inadequate public awareness about the benefits of EVs.

For more details on how to get involved, become a member, and learn more about Charged Hong Kong, please visit charged.hk

About Charged Hong Kong
Charged Hong Kong is dedicated to supporting and accelerating the adoption of plug-in electric vehicles in Hong Kong. We believe that plug-in electric vehicles are significantly more environmentally-friendly than conventional vehicles with internal combustion engines, bringing tremendous improvements to air quality in Hong Kong. Charged Hong Kong provides a platform for EV owners and enthusiasts in Hong Kong to discuss and exchange ideas regarding electric vehicles and the environment of Hong Kong, thus allowing us to represent the collective views of our membership to manufacturers, charging networks, the press, and the government.

Contact
To learn more about Charged Hong Kong, please visit charged.hk