Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015-2016 Model S buying advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Applogies for asking such a common question but I'm looking to get into Tesla ownership with a budget of around £34,000.
Now, from what I could gather the only cars I can afford are the 2015-2016 Model S 70(d)'s and 85(d)'s.
Now, does anyone have any experience in how could I choose between the above? From what I could gather, there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of difference in the maximum range of either the above models.
I can find a few on Tesla's used marketplace with the 12 month limited warranty and 2 years worth of balance for battery and drivetrain (for some reason even the 2015 models are showing 2 years worth of balance??). I know that the common problems are the MCU1 (which few have actually have had upgraded to MCU2), rear drive can go (again, good to have the warranty still valid). Is there a good real life difference in the real world reliability, range and performance between the 70's and 85's? RWD or AWD - I'm not too bothered about the traction.
Also, in terms of optional, I can see the standard/glass/sunroof and mechanic vs air suspension. As prices are quite inflated now, should I maybe wait until next yesr until I embark into this journey? Anything else I should look for? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!